(req) vedio conversion and tidy up script

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
mrgreaper

(req) vedio conversion and tidy up script

Post by mrgreaper »

ok what i want to do is choose to have the computer make a copy of the file but transcoded (converted what ever) to my archos format which is;
container avi
video
codec xvid
width  406 pixels
height 234 pixels
video sample size 24bit
data rate 755kbps
frame rate 25 frames/second

audio
bit rate 32kbps
audio format MPEG Layer-3

i figure i will need to get something on opensuse 10.2 to accomplish this (http://www.transcoding.org/cgi-bin/tran ... ne_Options looks right)

once it has made a copy of the file using the above settings i either want it to move that copy to a folder in my home folder called archos or just tag the word archos on the end and leave it in the folder (the former would be much better)
but i have no idea how to do this or even where to begin? im a linux noob so please type big and slow lol

thanks in advance

if it helps i normaly use lathe 1.8 on my main pc (set to av700 presets)
mrgreaper

Re: (req) vedio conversion and tidy up script

Post by mrgreaper »

ok i realize no replys is this because

1) its impossible i should stop looking (been googling for over a day and no closer to a soloution so i think this more likely)

2) no one is interested in doing this but it is possible (i need to do more googling ....dear god no

3) no one has noticed this post yet and i need to give it more time to wait for a reply

im thinking it may be impossible and im looking into alternatives (such as having a linux script search my download folder and start a conversion say once an hour no where near as useful (and possible thwart with problems (duplicate conversions, trying to convert an extracting avi etc etc))
auskento

Re: (req) vedio conversion and tidy up script

Post by auskento »

The only way to do this is to fork it off to another process because of the time it takes to do conversions.

I have tried doing my own post processing conversions, but the impact on the rest of the system is not worth the effort.

My TVIX box (and many other media players as i understand it) dont support WMV8, and i tried converting them to AVI.

A 40 min WMV would take 80 mins to convert and make a very big impact on any other disk activity on the system.