Solaris ACLs (NFSv4)

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
s0rce

Solaris ACLs (NFSv4)

Post by s0rce »

I run SABnzbd on a solaris server (Oracle Solaris 11 Express, python 2.6.4) and everything runs great. In order to move/delete/modify downloaded files from windows clients accessing the server over CIFS/SMB I need to set the access control list for the downloaded files. I have got this to work using a simple post-processing script.

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/chmod -R A+everyone@:list_directory/read_data/add_file/write_data/add_subdirectory/append_data/read_xattr/write_xattr/execute/delete_child/read_attributes/write_attributes/delete/read_acl/write_acl/write_owner/synchronize:file_inherit/dir_inherit/inherited:allow "$1"
This just allows everyone full rights for the downloaded file/directory, which is fine, I'm not really worried about security for a movie/tv show. However, the problem is when I want to use another post processing script for sickbeard or couch potato, these scripts don't set the ACL. Although sick-beard usually does a very good job moving/sorting/renaming sometimes I need to move something around and I would like to be able to do it from a windows client. Therefore, I need to have the ACLs set. I was wondering if there is a way to add this to the sick-beard post-processing script or a way to run more than one SAB post processing script. It whould be ideal if SAB could natively change the ACLs but this is probably not an often requested feature and the python acl library doesn't support NFSv4 ACLs so it would have to be done from scratch.

Thanks,
s0rce
kiljaden
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Solaris ACLs (NFSv4)

Post by kiljaden »

If Only Sickbeard is the one caussing you ACLs problems that i think you might be able to fixx it.

First of all you will need make Sabznbd use as a postprocessing scrip the sabToSickbeard.py file http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki/PostProcessing . This way you can postprocess every file as soon as finished .

And to fix the ACLs because Sickbeard does allow running another script after it http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki ... edSettings , make Sickbeard call up your custom script and run it after it has finished the postprocessing.

Hope this helps :)
s0rce

Re: Solaris ACLs (NFSv4)

Post by s0rce »

Thanks! I didn't know about that setting, seems like that should fix it.

-s0rce