Notifications via SMS

Want something added? Ask for it here.
an3k

Notifications via SMS

Post by an3k »

All my NAS (two more expensive QNAP ones and one cheap D-Link) support SMS Notifications, for example clickatell.com

It's actually really simple to implement since at least clickatell offers an API to send SMS (AFAIK it's a single HTTPS call).
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Notifications via SMS

Post by sander »

You can write a post processing script for that.
an3k

Post by an3k »

Yes right, but having it implemented in SABnzbd would be much cooler because then you could get "Warning: Low Quota" or "Warning: Low Disk Space" messages right on your phone - even when you're in a meeting. Most people don't get emails pushed to their phones but just eg. every 30 minutes.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

an3k wrote:Yes right, but having it implemented in SABnzbd would be much cooler because then you could get "Warning: Low Quota" or "Warning: Low Disk Space" messages right on your phone - even when you're in a meeting. Most people don't get emails pushed to their phones but just eg. every 30 minutes.
Hahah, shouldn't you be paying attention to the meeting? ;-)

I think this is a feature that would only be applicable for a small group of users that have SMS capabilities on server, so that's why a custom post-proc script is better.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
an3k

Post by an3k »

safihre wrote:
an3k wrote:Yes right, but having it implemented in SABnzbd would be much cooler because then you could get "Warning: Low Quota" or "Warning: Low Disk Space" messages right on your phone - even when you're in a meeting. Most people don't get emails pushed to their phones but just eg. every 30 minutes.
Hahah, shouldn't you be paying attention to the meeting? ;-)
Hehe well, that depends on whats written in that SMS ;)
safihre wrote:I think this is a feature that would only be applicable for a small group of users that have SMS capabilities on server, so that's why a custom post-proc script is better.
Sorry you misunderstood me. Everybody can buy eg. 500 SMS for a low price from these SMS Providers like clickatell.com You then can use their API to send SMS. All you need is Internet. Everyone who can run SABnzbd can definitely use SMS. There's no requirement for "SMS capabilities on server".