centOS Installation

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
cybertron

centOS Installation

Post by cybertron »

Hey guys, I'm switching my file/sab server over to centos(from windows) and I'm trying to follow the manual but I'm wondering if its possibly out of date? I am not seeing some of these modules available for download at all for centos. On ubuntu however, I was able to install everything with apt-get which was nice, but I followed an article that I really just copy and pasted form and had it up and running. But I'd like to use centos.

So now, I just did another search and I found this..
http://sabnzbd.wikidot.com/install-unix

It seems to be another manual that looks almost the same. It does have fewer items in the python module lists of needed things though. So which one is more accurate? sourceforge or this wiki? The front page links to SF. If neither are correct, could someone point out what they HAD to install to get sab working?

Thanks in advance all.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: centOS Installation

Post by shypike »

Both Wiki's are authored by the team.
The SF.net one is for 0.3.4, the wikidot.com one is for 0.4.0

If lots of packages are missing for CentOS, I suggest you use the instructions for ClarkConnect.
It practically compiles everything from sources.
Note that it's not a ready made script, I suggest you cut and paste sections.

Good luck and give feedback on success or failure.
cybertron

Post by cybertron »

I'm in the process of doing this and am installing python 2.5 along side 2.4... I'm wondering how sab will use 2.5 opposed to 2.4? I believe when I'm finished with this, the command will be python25 opposed to just python.

Thanks in advance.

*Scratch this... sticking w/ py2.4*
Last edited by cybertron on July 25th, 2008, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybertron

Post by cybertron »

Alright, this is totally hopeless. If anyone else gets SAB working on centos, please let me know, but I cant get par2cmdline to create a make file after ./configure. I'm giving up. its been nothing but issues.
hgeest

Post by hgeest »

cybertron wrote: Alright, this is totally hopeless. If anyone else gets SAB working on centos, please let me know, but I cant get par2cmdline to create a make file after ./configure. I'm giving up. its been nothing but issues.

I have got everything working on CentOS 5.2 by following the mentioned clarkconnect installation.
One difference: I installed par2cmdline....rpm from http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/ ... 6.rpm.html.

I have not updated python to 2.5 nor did i install any other "non"  centos packages.

succes
kanarie2007

Post by kanarie2007 »

hgeest, in case your par2 is also not repairing sometimes correctly, look at this thread:

http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=1656.0