0.8.0 B3 How to configure limiting the speed to kB/s

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ErikBrown
Release Testers
Release Testers

0.8.0 B3 How to configure limiting the speed to kB/s

Post by ErikBrown »

Hi,

Now that 0.8.0 beta 3 supports setting the download speed limit again to a specified number of kB/s instead of a percentage, where do we configure this? I mean where do we set to use kB/s and not a percentage? I have deleted Config - General - Maximum line speed and I have set Config - General - Percentage of line speed to 0 but still setting the speed limit to for instance 300 does not limit the speed. Also there is still a percentage sign shown right of the speed input field. I am using the smpl skin.

Erik
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 0.8.0 B3 How to configure limiting the speed to kB/s

Post by safihre »

You need to enter it in the correct notation with K/M/G in Smpl.
So to get 300KB/s, enter 300K and hit enter. Or 1M for 1 MB/s.

Plush has a new display for entering speedlimits that is more convenient and doesn't require you to add K or M.
Smpl will not get this update anymore (or someone else has to create it and add it on GitHub), so we just added the % to smpl for basic usage..

Or you can use Glitter, it has a convenient slider for the speed (but you have to set a maximum line speed, Plush will also let you put KB/s without setting line speed).

If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate