Horrible bug in Beta4: PWs can not be set in dl name!!!!

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
FCrane

Horrible bug in Beta4: PWs can not be set in dl name!!!!

Post by FCrane »

Hi!

Just upgraded to B4 but it has a show stopping bug: I can no longer enter the passwords for downloads by using the formats:

name{{password}} and name/password

in the glitter skin by clicking the pencil icon!

That's horrible!!! How could that one go wrong?

Need to downgrade to B3 immediately...

Regards!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Horrible bug in Beta4: PWs can not be set in dl name!!!!

Post by safihre »

Click the Folder icon, there you can set the password since the creation of Glitter ;-)

I will add this feature again that you can set name/password or name{{password}}.
However, it will only work when the password is set for the first time, after that you will have to use the folder-icon.
It is just too complicated otherwise for me to properly extract passwords and display them correctly because it also has to deal with the cases when there is for example DUPLICATE \ in front of the title.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
FCrane

Post by FCrane »

I know I can set the password by clicking the folder icon, but that's just too annoying, because many sites already list the downloads in the format "name{{password}}" so it's very convenient to do one copy & paste instead of seperating the name + copy & paste and then separating the password + copy & paste with switching back and forth between browsers every time. The manual separation is very error prone.

This always worked including in B3, so why can't it just be kept like it was? Well I guess if it works the first time the password is set, it should be ok - however, it's not quite logical that it can work the first time and not any next time. The algorithm should be the same: check if there is a PW contained in the text and if so, replace existing one.

Regards!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

For new users displaying 'name / password' was far from obvious as a job-title. That's why now we switched to having the lock-icon followed by the password.
But the way that was implemented in Beta3 did not work for more complicated cases so I changed it for Beta4.

I looked at it again this morning and found some other way to also make it possible to input passwords like that all time (not just the first), so it will now always work!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
FCrane

Post by FCrane »

Super, thanks! For us "veterans" using the program for a long time, this is really great!
ktd

Post by ktd »

Hi

Since 1.x I can no longer use the / in the file name so I can't set a password from a third part app or in the Glitter Web skin. I can use the folder icon to set the password but not using the title like "File/Password".
All / gets replaced by a +. Ex. if I set the following file name to "File 1/Password" and press enter I will end up with a download called "File 1+Password" and it will not extract OK of course.

Any one know what the problem could be. Is it SABNZB or my system, Win 10 64-bit?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

ktd wrote: Since 1.x I can no longer use the / in the file name so I can't set a password from a third part app or in the Glitter Web skin. I can use the folder icon to set the password but not using the title like "File/Password".
Yes, you can.
In the "Add NZB" dialog box, there's a field for an alternative name.
Just type something like "/my_password" and your password will be "my_password".
"name/password" will set a name and a password.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I just tested it in Glitter, I can modify the download name with the little pen icon instead of the folder icon.
If i write "jobname/password" it works fine, also "jobname / password" and "jobname{{hi}}"