Version 1 not as good at 0.7

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
LilGomer

Version 1 not as good at 0.7

Post by LilGomer »

I've donned my nomex 'cause I know the flamers will jump all over my topic.
First, the user interface is not as neat and logical in 1.0.
Second. 1.0 refuses to connect to the usenet servers I use even tho the settings are identical.
Third, I have no idea if I've connected or not in 1.0 whereas in 0.7 I just had to click on the connect button to see.
Fourth, 1.0 looks like it was written by microsoft flunkies which is not a good thing.
ALbino

Re: Version 1 not as good at 0.7

Post by ALbino »

Where were you during the 6 months and 11 releases worth of beta testing where you could have helped influence the direction of your perceived problems?
Second. 1.0 refuses to connect to the usenet servers I use even tho the settings are identical.
Obviously there's something else going on here, and it's not a failure of the new release, so I'm not sure why you brought it up.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Not everyone can like it, that's oke.. Feel free to go back to 0.7.20 and let the rest enjoy the new stuff.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

You can still use the Plush user interface.
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

Do you have specifics as to why you feel Glitter is less intuitive than Plush? Some specific bit of functionality that you feel might be missing, or might be made more apparent?

Plush was chock full of weird obscure functionality that didn't make sense at first glance. Like, everything about play/pause, play/pause per item, multi-option handling, etc. It was all there and it *worked*, but it wasn't *easy*.
fenlander

Post by fenlander »

Big thumbs up here. I like Glitter, have been hoping for prioritization of servers for ages and have had no problems installing and running on W7, W8.1 and Linux Mint. Good job.
jagerx9

Post by jagerx9 »

The introduction of priority has definitely made a few problems for me out of the box, but with a few tweaks to server config I think you will find things will sort themselves out. I think you have more control now than you used to and while that can cause problems, it can also cause servers to behave more the way you actually want them to.