Resume download on different PC

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
TheKidsWantDjent

Resume download on different PC

Post by TheKidsWantDjent »

Hi there!

I recently startet to download a pretty large package on my old computer. Since I have a very bad internet connection, it took me weeks to get to about 50%. Now I have a new laptop and I moved all the already downloaded files to the sabnzbd download folder on my new laptop, in order to continue downloading the package there. However I can't seem to resume the download from where it stopped, when I open the nzb file with sabnzbd. It always starts a new download, instead of taking off from where it stopped. Is there any way to resume the download that I started from my old computer on my new laptop with the files I already downloaded?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Resume download on different PC

Post by sander »

If possible at all, it is probably difficult:

First check: What has been downloaded on the old system? Do you see *rar and *par2 files?

If so: put the NZB in into SAB on the new laptop. Click on the folder symbol next to the download. You will see all the rar and par2 files that will be downloaded. Select the rar and par2 files you already have, and then click on the Delete symbol.

Now let SAB download the rest.

When finished, put all rar and par2 files into a directory, run a par2 repair manually, then run unrar manually.

Difficult and error prone, I would say.

TheKidsWantDjent

Ok, thank you! I will try that and tell you if it worked. Give me another two weeks or so :D
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

No I think there's a much better way:
You should indeed place the incomplete download in the 'incomplete download folder' of SABnzbd on your new PC.
Then you go to Orphaned jobs in the Status window, it should then show the folder with your download, there you click Add or the + sign (depending on the skin you use).
This will re-add the download to the queue, preserving what you already downloaded!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
TheKidsWantDjent

Wow, I'm really amazed! This is exactly what I was looking for! It worked perfectly fine and just took me a minute or so! Thank you so much, you saved me a lot of trouble! :)