Process Packing Failure?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
daxx

Process Packing Failure?

Post by daxx »

Version: 1.1.0
Install-type: macOS app
Skin (if applicable): Smpl
Firewall Software: macOS
Are you using IPV6? No
Is the issue reproducible? Unsure

Completed at 07:39:43 PM on Sunday 18 September 2016
Downloaded in 1 hour 22 mins 45 seconds at an average of 1.4 MB/s
459 articles were missing
Category:
Hey there, I've never had a processing or packing issue before, so this is new for me. I've been after a file for a while now, that has been difficult to say the least. This is just adding more to that frustration.

I finally got the .nzb but it said originally that I had 101.1% of the 101.2% files needed, it wouldn't download. I retried and it seemed to get all the files and work. However that 7.06 GB (suppose to be .mkv) has turned into the individual files; 82 .xx files, 7 .par2 files) after the completed download it seems not to have packed them? The main files are also in; .10, .11, .12 ... .80, .81, .82 extensions. I usually remember seeing .xxx for that?

What are my options here, I really would hate to redownload it (restrictive internet cap, even with just a single 7 GB file) and like I said it was hard enough getting this copy. I tried simply highlighting them all and using The Unarchiver but it failed. It produced a few split .mkv files but I don't think that was getting me anywhere.

Hope I can get some answers, thanks!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Process Packing Failure?

Post by safihre »

I think the best thing you can do is manually use the par2 tool, there must be one available for MAC with a user interface? This should fix and rename the files so you can unpack them.
Maybe you set this particular download to only "Download" instead of "+Delete" (so it also does +Repair+Unpack)?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
daxx

Post by daxx »

safihre wrote:I think the best thing you can do is manually use the par2 tool, there must be one available for MAC with a user interface? This should fix and rename the files so you can unpack them.
Maybe you set this particular download to only "Download" instead of "+Delete" (so it also does +Repair+Unpack)?
That's what I assumed. Seeing as it didn't list a Repair, or Unpack stat/times in the completed information box. I re-added the .nzb and under "Edit Options: Processing (Download, R, U, D)" It was and set to "D", which I believe it always has been, meaning it should still Repair, Unpack, and Delete extra files after right

I've searched a bit for this but I'm not finding much a lot of the information is intertwined with other applications I'm not using. I've looked up the post-processing scripts but that's an area I haven't really done or know how to do.

Any other information would be greatly appreciated.
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

He's saying to download all of the files without letting SABnzbd do any processing. Then go into the directory where the files are located and manually run a par2 check using a third party program. I don't have a Mac, but doing some quick Googling it seems like there's a couple of options:

https://gp.home.xs4all.nl/Site/MacPAR_deLuxe.html
http://www.unrarx.com/

Also, you could probably just run par2 repair manually via a shell/command line using the included par2 in your SABnzbd installation.
daxx

Post by daxx »

ALbino wrote:He's saying to download all of the files without letting SABnzbd do any processing. Then go into the directory where the files are located and manually run a par2 check using a third party program. I don't have a Mac, but doing some quick Googling it seems like there's a couple of options:

https://gp.home.xs4all.nl/Site/MacPAR_deLuxe.html
http://www.unrarx.com/

Also, you could probably just run par2 repair manually via a shell/command line using the included par2 in your SABnzbd installation.
Thanks, I tried the MacPAR program and the only thing it gave me were the two .nfo and .sfv files (using the originally downloaded 82 .xx files and 7 .par2 files. Also tried the unrarX program but it said there were no files it supported.

With the 82 .xx files they are labeled such as "0000x0xxx00x000x00x0xx00x000x000.10 then proceeded by .11, .12 ... .79, .80, .81"
I tried unarchiving them, and they produce "xxxx-1080p-split.mkv then proceeded by -1.mkv, -2.mkv, -3.mkv"
When I use MacPAR it informs me that "xxxx-1080p-split.r00 then proceeded by .r01, .r02, .r03" are missing and cannot be recovered. After some trial and error guessing/renaming I was able to create some "Good" files for the program but the amount needed was still far too high.

I have no .r00 type files. So I really don't know what to do, I've never had this much trouble before. I have 7.1 GB worth of files, so I have to be able to do something with them that works? Looking into the command line information for SABnzbd but haven't gotten anything yet.
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

The .xx files are RAR files, but maybe those Mac applications can't figure that out. Maybe try renaming a few of the manually to .r01, etc, and see if it tells you some others are missing. If that works, then you could just manually rename all of them and attempt repair/extraction.
daxx

Post by daxx »

ALbino wrote:The .xx files are RAR files, but maybe those Mac applications can't figure that out. Maybe try renaming a few of the manually to .r01, etc, and see if it tells you some others are missing. If that works, then you could just manually rename all of them and attempt repair/extraction.
Thanks for the info, still nothing yet. Tried renaming but whenever I extracted it would give me a generic different name each time and still wouldn't show up to process :/
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

You should run the par program on the first par2, you say when you do this it doesn't fix the names?
It should tell you it has found all the files and needs to do some restoring, not just sfv/nfo. Try another par2 file in the folder.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
daxx

Post by daxx »

safihre wrote:You should run the par program on the first par2, you say when you do this it doesn't fix the names?
It should tell you it has found all the files and needs to do some restoring, not just sfv/nfo. Try another par2 file in the folder.
Yep MacPAR has been run on all the .par2 files. I just redid it and the messages I get are:
File
xxxx-1080p-split.nfo
Status
Okay after renaming file "000x0xxx00x000x00x0xx00x000x000.25"

File(s)
xxxx-1080p-split.r00 to r.69
Status
Missing and cannot be recovered

File
xxxx-1080p-split.rar
Status
Missing and cannot be recovered

File
xxxx-1080p-split.sfv
Status
Okay after renaming file "000x0xxx00x000x00x0xx00x000x000.29"

Then information on the .10 to .82 Files, and their Status is Contains x# blocks from file(s) xxxx-1080p-split.r00 to r.69
Then information on the 6 other .par2 Files, and their Status is Contains x# blocks recovery blocks.
Total 73 Good 2 Need 323 blocks=1,180,797,560 bytes
Cannot Restore.
I'll just give up after today.