Subcategories with a default handler?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
akaSurreal

Subcategories with a default handler?

Post by akaSurreal »

I am trying to have 4K Movies go into a separate folder from all other movies without having to try to guess & specify every single subcategory. So far it has not worked for me. Here is what I am trying to do:

All the movies still go to the "Movies*" folder. The only way that seems to work is to remove the catch all, and specify 8+ sub-category tags and try to guess every single subcategory that any index site might use, knowing some will fall through the cracks. I think SAB should first look at subcategories then use the Movies* as a fall through. Any way to do this?
ALbino

Re: Subcategories with a default handler?

Post by ALbino »

I agree with you that it makes sense to sort by subcategories first, and then the overall category to catch everything else. That seems like the correct reasoning to me. FWIW, there are really only like 3 or 4 more categories you would care about though, so as an alternative I don't think it would take much effort to add them :)

Also, I see now that the Wiki says you add them as Movies*HD, but I've always been taught to add them as Movies > HD and that you can comma separate multiple categories on a single line like this:

Code: Select all

tv > hd, tv > sd, tv > other
akaSurreal

Post by akaSurreal »

Yeah thanks, the indexes I use need the format in Movies*hd, Movies*sd, etc and I tested and works. So I set them up manually, but I still hope any dev might see this, as my initial post is the way I believe it should work and would be most intuitive, and would not require knowing all the possible subcategories.

Here's my non-4K tag list now:

Code: Select all

Movies*sd, Movies*hd, Movies*bluray, Movies*mobile, Movies*3d, Movies*foreign, Movies*other
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I would expect it to work the other way around? (haven't looked at the code yet)
It stops after the first match, so since it matches Movies* first it won't try Movies*4K yet.
If you set Movies*4K first, then jobs not matching 4K will then be matched by Movies*
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
akaSurreal

Post by akaSurreal »

There is no way to set an order of matching that I could find. I tried that by renaming the categories, since it seems to just sort alphabetically, but made no difference.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

The categories are tried in the order they appear on screen and in the sabnzbd.ini file.
What you could do, is change the order in the sabnzbd.ini file with a text editor.
Make sure SABnzbd isn't running when you edit.

I guess we should make some improvements to the Categories page.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Drag and drop.. Include an order.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
akaSurreal

Post by akaSurreal »

safihre wrote:Drag and drop.. Include an order.
+1

:)