Is my download corrupt?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Halcyon

Is my download corrupt?

Post by Halcyon »

The other day I downloaded a 44.6GB television show using the software with hitnews. This is only the second time I have downloaded anything like this. I've always used torrents. I tried to educate myself the best I could to avoid clogging the forum up with these probably standard problems, but here is my dilemma. The download says completed in the program. It lists the time but also states a repair was done. I left this on over night so I didn't notice until morning. I look in the complete folder and all the episodes are there, I can play them (but the ending on them glitches out, almost as if it didn't finish) and there are left over pieces in the completed folder. I attached pictures. Does this mean it didn't download everything? If so, how do I attempt to fix it? Or, is this just the download?

Thanks for any help you can provide me on this issue. I also have the second season of this show from the same source and the episodes aren't glitched.

ALbino

Re: Is my download corrupt?

Post by ALbino »

It doesn't have anything to do with SABnzbd or the repair/extraction process, it has to do with the people who encoded/released the file. TrollHD is known to have done a bunch of botched Amazon rips recently, and that's probably what happened. You could try playing it in an alternative program than what you normally use in the off chance that it works.
Halcyon

Post by Halcyon »

ALbino wrote:It doesn't have anything to do with SABnzbd or the repair/extraction process, it has to do with the people who encoded/released the file. TrollHD is known to have done a bunch of botched Amazon rips recently, and that's probably what happened. You could try playing it in an alternative program than what you normally use in the off chance that it works.
Hey thanks for the reply. That's what I was leaning towards just because of how it abruptly cut out. So, can I ask what those extra parts were sitting outside the completed folder?
teracow

Post by teracow »

Those are files that are pretty standard with NZB downloads.

The .NZB is like a .TORRENT file. Once you've got your download, you can delete the .NZB file.

If the download completed (and if a repair was required, was repaired successfully) then you can delete the .PAR & .PAR2 files too. These are only used to repair corrupt downloads.

And same goes for .SFV files. These are used for integrity checking.

Later on, you may want to look at configuring SABnzbd to delete those leftover files if everything went well. But, for now, it helps if you get used to seeing them, 'cause then you'll get used to seeing them. ;D
Halcyon

Post by Halcyon »

teracow wrote:Those are files that are pretty standard with NZB downloads.

The .NZB is like a .TORRENT file. Once you've got your download, you can delete the .NZB file.

If the download completed (and if a repair was required, was repaired successfully) then you can delete the .PAR & .PAR2 files too. These are only used to repair corrupt downloads.

And same goes for .SFV files. These are used for integrity checking.

Later on, you may want to look at configuring SABnzbd to delete those leftover files if everything went well. But, for now, it helps if you get used to seeing them, 'cause then you'll get used to seeing them. ;D
Thank you so very much. Cleared that up. You have a good evening. Take care.