unpack ; unrar and then move the file

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
pxr5

Re: unpack ; unrar and then move the file

Post by pxr5 »

safihre wrote:Can you turn on Debug logging in the Status window?
Then I created 2 versions of SABnzbd.exe where I removed changes we introduced in 1.1.1 that might cause this.
Could you test both versions for me and see if you still see the problem?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2in8cirfs8hbd ... n.zip?dl=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilcvdnv24srb5 ... n.zip?dl=1
(links expire in 7 days)
Hi safihre,

I tested both those. The first (1.1.1 test_prm) shows the same symptoms as normal 1.1.1. The second (1.1.1 test_prm_bf) works fine :)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Really.. Wow.
Did you enable Debug logging? Could you send me the logs of both attempts? Really want to see the difference!
[email protected]
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
pxr5

Post by pxr5 »

safihre wrote:Really.. Wow.
Did you enable Debug logging? Could you send me the logs of both attempts? Really want to see the difference!
[email protected]
Hi, yes debug was on - log emailed.
mcboss86

Post by mcboss86 »

Had to go back to 1.1.0 now.

As it seems disabling "Enable Folder Rename" prevents Sab from this weird Unpack -> Move behaviour but then it doesn't play well anymore with Couchpotato, as CP resepects the Unpack_ but won't respect a folder without Unpack and therefore tries to start moving it while Sab is still unpacking.
pxr5

Post by pxr5 »

mcboss86 wrote:Had to go back to 1.1.0 now.

As it seems disabling "Enable Folder Rename" prevents Sab from this weird Unpack -> Move behaviour but then it doesn't play well anymore with Couchpotato, as CP resepects the Unpack_ but won't respect a folder without Unpack and therefore tries to start moving it while Sab is still unpacking.
mcboss86 - Did you try the the test builds that safihre posted before in this thread? 1.1.1 test_prm_bf works OK for me, but 1.1.1 test_prm doesn't. I don't what the difference is between these 2 but the test_prm_bf is definitely OK with me. Maybe worth a shot at that if you want to remain on 1.1.1. I don't use CP so I'm able to disable folder rename with normal 1.1.1.

I'd love to know what's causing this and the difference between the 2 1.1.1 test builds above.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Indeed could you try if the second version I posted before works for you?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilcvdnv24srb5 ... n.zip?dl=1
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Pyr0

Post by Pyr0 »

Hi,
I think I'm experiencing the same issue
Noticed that SABnzbd was taking longer than usual and watched while a file downloaded.
The download was unpacked to an _UNPACK_ folder within the Completed folder, then another new folder was created and the files copied instead of moved, slowing everything down.
Is there any chance of getting a copy of the test version please as it's causing excess wear on this drive and downloads are taking more than twice as long :-S
I've been waiting for over 10 minutes now for it to copy a 30gb file from one folder to another.

[edit] maybe it's not the same problem..
I installed version 1.1.0 over the top and tried another download, but it the same thing happened. An _Unpack_ folder was created, then another folder and the files copied from one to the other
[edit2] nevermind lol, going back to 1.1.1 and disabling Enable folder rename fixed it
jdevrie

Post by jdevrie »

Has the actual underlying problem been resolved with this? I mean the problem that on LAN drives the actual rename or move of the directories does not work for some reason? I know there is a bypass now by changing the setting to not use the temporary directory names but I was just curious why the move command wasn't working on LAN drives. I liked the a temporary names because it made me aware of the fact that the unpacking was still ongoing so I should not yet try to change something on that folder.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

SABnzbd will always first try a simple rename, if that fails it uses Python commands that decide what is the best strategy to do the rename.
It seems that virus scanners or other software block the rename, triggering Python too choose the copy route.
This blocking only has to happen for a few milliseconds, but if that's exactly the moment SAB does the renaming (which happens in very quick succession) then Python has no other choice but to do a copy.