SOLVED - SAB reports Disk Full, but its not actually v1.1.1

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
nikuk

SOLVED - SAB reports Disk Full, but its not actually v1.1.1

Post by nikuk »

Using Windows Storage Spaces I have Sab 1.1.1 (just updated yesterday) putting both Temporary & Completed downloads on the storage space drive (M:).
Sometime overnight SAB stopped downloads because the drive reports as full.
Windows shows me that I have 5.99 TB free of 8.99 TB
In the SAB home page I'm shown:
"Incomplete 5733.26GB"
"Complete 5733.26GB"

The only limiter that I see in config is the "Minimum Free Space for Temporary Download Folder" which I've set to "100M" a loooong time ago.

I've reviewed everything in CONFIG, and have Googled for about half an hour now and I must be missing something.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by nikuk on December 7th, 2016, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SAB reports Disk Full, but its not actually v1.1.1

Post by safihre »

Sab bases this on the info from the file system. If for a moment the system responds as having too little space then Sab will pause accordingly.
You can also try and remove the 100M, I think then the check should be disabled.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
nikuk

Post by nikuk »

Hmmmkay. I deleted the 100M.
I've gone through and cleared out ~3 GB of fat from the OS HDD, and restarted Sab, and a number of other small efforts to get this moving again. Nothing has worked.

I shall point out that I currently have about 65 GB in queue.
the 'default base folder' is "C:\Users\nikuk", where C: has roughly 50 GB in free space.
SAB downloads everything to M:, where M: has many TB available.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

So it won't let you continue?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
nikuk

Post by nikuk »

safihre wrote:So it won't let you continue?
No it will not.
nikuk

Post by nikuk »

I've dug through the C: drive and moved some large folders (pictures, game installs, etc) to the M: drive and freed up ~55 GB.

Without so much as a click or a restart of the program SAB has gone ahead and started downloading again.

Can anyone tell me how to change any references to C: free space when I'm downloading solely to M: ?
I've been using SAB for years now and this is the first real problem that I haven't been able to solve myself, so my apologies.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Strange... This shouldn't happen. I can't tell from the code what is going wrong..
Could you send me your logs? If you click Show logging in the Status window, it will include an anonomyzed version of your settings.
[email protected]
nikuk

Post by nikuk »

safihre wrote:Strange... This shouldn't happen. I can't tell from the code what is going wrong..
Could you send me your logs? If you click Show logging in the Status window, it will include an anonomyzed version of your settings.
[email protected]
on the way
nikuk

Re: SOLVED - SAB reports Disk Full, but its not actually v1.

Post by nikuk »

I've got it working. Details below. Thank you again.

In my googling and forum searches I saw a couple of references to a 'disk full' being (also) based "if the queue size is greater than the free disk space" and this would've explained the chronology of my issues, but only if SAB is referencing the C: drive (OS SSD). This would also explain (to my thinking) why SAB started downloading again once I made space on C: and the free space was greater than the queue size.

I took a flyer and completely removed SAB from C: (OS SSD) after copying the admin folder to the M: (media) drive.
Using the idea of a "portable install" I reinstalled SAB via command prompt, with the INI and admin folder located on M:. The default & base folders are now showing as referencing the M: drive. There is basically NO reference to C: (OS SSD).
I loaded up the queue with 250 GB and its all working as it should. I think I may have gotten it right.

For reference this is what I went by, though I changed all default folder references:
https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/advanced/sabnz ... ws-service