Sabnzdb doesn't unrar

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
goulpi

Sabnzdb doesn't unrar

Post by goulpi »

Hello there,

I have been experiencing an issue with sabnzdb for a few days. Downloaded files are not unrared by SAbnzdb and remain in bunch of articles. They are moved into the correct directory though. I would have thought that it could happen for a few files with corrupted or missing articles but it is the case for all downloads.
My usenet indexer subscription is up to date. I have tried a different one, with the same result, so I don't think this issue is coming from there. Could it be the newsgroup?

I have no clue of what's going on. Can you guys help out?

Thanks heaps. Cheers. :)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Sabnzdb doesn't unrar

Post by safihre »

When the download is still in the Queue, what dus it say in the Post-processing settings?
It should say +Delete
If it doesn't, it means some settings for example in Categories or when adding an NZB are wrong.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
cmb21

Post by cmb21 »

I am having the same issue:

Version: 1.1.1 [33a7874]
Install-type: Windows Installer
Skin (if applicable): Default
Firewall Software: Microsoft default
Are you using IPV6? no
Is the issue reproducible? yes

Basically after installing this new version of SAB it either errors out and leaves the files in the incomplete folder where i can unpack them with no errors or it moves the rar files to the appropriate season folder but does not unpack them, again i can unpack them with 0 issues, with the 2nd issue it shows the download as complete in SAB with no errors.

The below is the notes attached to a completed download, however it has simply placed the rar files in the folder. (i have removed title as it is not relevant).

Name abc.S07E08.480p.HDTV.x264-REenCO
Completed 17/12/2016 03:08
Status Completed
Size 400 MB
Category Default
Path Z:\TV\abc\Season 7
Source C:\Users\define\Downloads\abc.S07E08.480p.HDTV.x264-REenCO.nzb
Download Downloaded in 16 mins 30 seconds at an average of 413 KB/s
Servers news.tweaknews.eu=400 MB
Repair[da4f2c7e3dd72756f64b3975a1a1b764] Repaired in 0 seconds
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

There is no section 'Unpack', so somehow the Post-Processing options of a job were changed.
Same advice/question:
When the download is still in the Queue, what does it say in the Post-processing settings?
It should say +Delete
If it doesn't, it means some settings for example in Categories or when adding an NZB are wrong.
Check your Categories settings that everything is set to Default and check if you have no special Pre-queue scripts or that any automation adds the jobs correctly.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
cmb21

Post by cmb21 »

I have added another nzb to download queue and if i click on the drop down arrow under post processing it has "+ Delete"
The only options i have changed from the default install are the folder locations.

I just went through the logs and located the appropriate logs for the file that just ended up as rar files in the season folder.

2016-12-17 03:08:56,436::INFO::[postproc:366] Running unpack_magic on abc.S07E08.480p.HDTV.x264-REenCO
2016-12-17 03:08:56,473::INFO::[postproc:371] unpack_magic finished on abc.S07E08.480p.HDTV.x264-REenCO
2016-12-17 03:08:56,723::INFO::[postproc:564] Cleaning up abc.480p.HDTV.x264-REenCO (keep_basic=False)
2016-12-17 03:08:56,767::INFO::[postproc:83] Saving postproc queue

Not sure what that is meant to mean but it reads as though its unpacking it but it doesnt seem to work.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Go to Config, Specials and check if enable_unrar is checked.
cmb21

Post by cmb21 »

safihre wrote:Go to Config, Specials and check if enable_unrar is checked.
It is and the occasional file will extract properly, but the others have no errors and logs indicate they should be unpacking.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Can you set logging to Debug in the Status window?
Then send me the whole log (via Show Logging) when it occurs again. [email protected]
Maybe I can find what's going wrong..