How to unpack file automatically

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
void

How to unpack file automatically

Post by void »

Hi all,

I have been using Sabnzbd for a while and always with Processing set to Repair. Sabnzbd works very well, downloads the nzb's, verify them and reapair them if possible and needed. Then I manually use WinRAR to unrar the files because almost always they have a password.

But then Sabnzbd has the "unpack" step for Processing and the reason I write this first message here is because I don't know how to make this step work. Whenever I set Processing to unpack, Sabnzbd does all the stuff is is used to do (download, verification and repair) and then stops there. It never unpacks the files.

I use the name of the nzb to inform Sabnzbd what is the password and it seems it works correctly because I can see the password correctly parsed when I click the name of the file while it is downloading. But, again, nothing happens when it is time to unpack the files.

So my question is: how to make the "unpack" phase of the Processing work? I have set the switch at the Settings for encrypted RAR's to OFF and to PAUSE but it doesn't matter, Sabnzbd never unpacks my files. I always have to do it manually, using WinRAR.

Thanks for any help.
And thank you for the developers for such a wonderful too, SABNZBD is an awesome application.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to unpack file automatically

Post by safihre »

What version of Sabnzbd do you use?
Try setting it to +Delete, does that help?
Is an error or warning shown?
Just to be sure, is "Enable unrar" checked in Config Switches? If that switch is not there, check in Config Specials if enable_unrar is checked.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
void

Re: How to unpack file automatically

Post by void »

I am using latest version, 1.1.1.
I did not have the enable_unrar special setting on.
After I set it to on, no Enable unrar switch showed off in the Config Switches page but it did the trick anyway, now SABnzbd _is_ unpacking my passworded files with the password informed through the name of the nzb!
Just perfect!
Thank you a lot, safihre.