Autodownload script

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
minimad
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Autodownload script

Post by minimad »

Hi Everyone,

I'm still here, but the work/life balance has shifted work-wise.

I'm looking at the ' and () issue and the 01 vs 1 naming issue (I think I have that one nailed down), however I appear to be having some problems.

Can anyone confirm from their system if tvbinz.net is still up?  I seem to be getting alot of errors in the feed, not to mention 403 forbidden errors from their website, but i'm not sure if it's my provider or network that is the issue.

Many thanks
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

Looks to be working, was able to view a feed form there and start a NZB download (didn't download it and import to SAB though).

-Markus
Co-developer of NzbDrone (.Net NNTP PVR) - http://www.nzbdrone.com
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

rollingeyeball wrote: I've decided I don't need this for TV downloading.  But I'd like to re-express my interest in an update or two on the Movie Download script.

Being able to come home and have new popular movies (as rated by rotten tomatoes) would be great!
I did some work on this, I took Cuchulainn's script and blended it with the one Doubledratt posted.  I liked the idea of a watch list.  The one I have seems to be working fine, but no gtds all bugs are clear.  it does the following. 

- Works with nzbs.org, does not work with newzbin.  Lots of scripts for that earlier in this thread
- Year check comes from IMDB (so works even if year is not in RSS feed title).  year is > 2005
- Rotten Tomato score >75 or IMDB score >75
- Has a watch list so you can auto dl movies with scores less than 75
- of course will not download if you already have or is in the queue.

Problem is that I am traveling and cannot post as I don't have access to my home computer.  I sent a pastbin link to minimad so if he can post the link you can play with my adjusted script.

Of course thanks to all who contributed in their versions of a non newzbin movie script.

Pilgrim
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

I look forward to this being upped. Be nice not to have to check daily for the new movies, of course I'll have to attempt to destroy it and make it Newzbin compatible, but with all the great work from Minimad on the TV script I'm sure I can hack something together.

Any great work pilGrim and Minimad, its working wonders.

-Markus
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

of course I'll have to attempt to destroy it and make it Newzbin compatible,
Woo!  ever since I got newzbin I can't seem to rely/trust anything from elsewhere, but I suppose nzbs.org can't be -that- bad
slippers_123

Post by slippers_123 »

Hello Guys - Im new to this forum.  Just registered in order to post to this thread.

I have Sabnzbd and is linked with Newzbin using greasemonkey etc.  Have been using it for a couple of years now and love it!  I recently thought though how nice it would be to have something which would only list IMDB scores over 7 or something, and thats when i came across this thread.

Now, I am no programmer, and I have tried to follow this thread from the beginning but its double dutch to me!

Could someone explain to me step by step (or point me to a guide if i have missed it) as to what I need to do in order to get this program installed and working please.  Whoever does i wil be eternally in your debt, as it sounds like this program/script (whatever it is!) will do exactly what i want.

What i currently do is use a search in Newzbin which lists all movies in that have been posted which are over 4000mb and who's video source is of a certain type (ie not vhs).  I then select the hyperlink to IMDB for each movie and check out its score, anything less than 7 i generally ignore, and also consider the eamount of votes.  After reading this thread, am I right in thinking this program will do all of this for me?!

I am using Vista32.
JohnnyV

Post by JohnnyV »

I'm using newzbin and the latest posted TV script. Seems to check the feeds ok and write the TV api data file but does not add any files to SAB.
Does not work for me at this point. Ran the older version of TV from post 4-5 and it grabbed the files just fine. The older version is the version I run. I used the same feed and and the new script missed all shows posted.
Last edited by JohnnyV on February 17th, 2009, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
minimad
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by minimad »

Here is pilGrim's movie script

http://pastebin.com/m1b4b1fc3

Now if he can tear himself away from drinking mohito's in Phuket (Lucky Bugger).......................

@JohnnyV

Which version have you tried?  latest posted is 0.88 (I think), and how are your directories/files named/organised, can you post the output from the script?  In it's default mode (if you copied it from pastebin) it has LOTS of debug output use 'tv_rss.py > output_file_path' to get hold of it.

@slippers_123
Correct, pilGrim's movie script will do all the donkey work for you.  I'm not any good with Vista so someone else might have to help there, usually if you can run it from a command prompt then you should be able to use 'scheduled tasks' to run it every 15 - 30mins (no less than 15 but you could run it upto 24 hours depending on the rss feed).
minimad
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by minimad »

OK,

Looks like TVBinz.net is actively blocking the network I'm connecting from (virgin cable in the UK) so development has slowed to a crawl while I find another feed (prob nzbs.org).

I can access via an anonymous proxy but not directly, shame it was going so well.
bnevets27
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by bnevets27 »

hey slippers_123

I'm all new to this scripting stuff also. Though I have a fair knowledge of how to get things to work on the comp. This is just a document to trace the steps I took to get this script to run. Now I just made this to day and I have ran it once only and saw it searching. I'm not even sure if it will work properly but its a start. Have a look, if it helps you or anyone else let me know. It's posted on rapidshare and apparently it can only be downloaded 10x before its deleted. I'll find a better way to host or provide info if anyone finds this helpful.

http://rapidshare.com/files/199368011/G ... t.doc.html
minimad
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by minimad »

Hi All,

After losing all my changes i've made recently (thank you windows  >:(  ), I've put the script & associated files here:

http://my-svn.assembla.com/svn/SABnzbd_Smart_Downloader

They are now in SVN, version controlled and most importantly away from my work PC.

OK, it's got MAJOR code changes and most likely not work (I've not tested it).

Should be easier to keep track of changes now.

If you want edit access to the files, just send me a PM, this script is for everybody and wouldn't be here without the help of pilGrim, markus101 and fysa and everyone else
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

[redacted by admin]
Last edited by inpheaux on February 20th, 2009, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

I know it's untested by you, but I'm getting this error using a Newzbin feed.

Check: Show Name - S01E01 - Episode Name.avi
Failed Processing: Show Name - S01E02 - Episode Name.avi

This is after it sorts through the folders and determines that I want that Show and goes to check whether I want that specific episode.

-Markus
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi ive been quietly working on my own version of a python nzb auto downloader script using the nzb's.org rss feed and im pretty happy with it now so decided to post it up on pastebin.

please make sure you fill in the top section of the script with your own folders otherwise the script won't run, if you have any questions then let me know, i hope you guys find this useful, it certainly is doing a fantastic job of automating the task of downloading "good" movies for me.

http://pastebin.com/f1ae80e72

important note:- this script is designed for hi-def material i.e bluray and hd-dvd format, if you wish to download xvid movies then please download this script:-

http://pastebin.com/f7fd6c324

binhex.
Last edited by binhex on February 18th, 2009, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
rollingeyeball
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by rollingeyeball »

binhex, keen to try that, I'll experiment anyway but could you provide an example in the folder and file spots.

Thanks,
Rolling