[2.0.0 RC 1] 64bit upgrade from 32bit

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Taomyn

[2.0.0 RC 1] 64bit upgrade from 32bit

Post by Taomyn »

Should the installer upgrade a 32bit version to 64bit if it detects a 64bit machine?

I have SABnzbd installed to "D:\Program Files\SABnzbd" and performed the install/upgrade there, at least that's what it said in the installer. However I ended up with my new installation on "C:\Program Files\SABnzbd" but nothing was upgraded (no sign of any config files etc) and with my services still pointing at the old location, the install of which was still present.

I have deleted the version on the C: drive, reinstalled 1.2.1 and I'm back to normal.
Last edited by Taomyn on March 21st, 2017, 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [2.0.0 Beta 1] 64bit upgrade from 32bit

Post by safihre »

Sorry I don't get it.
You told the installer to install in D, but it didn't?

Indeed when it was installed before in C and then you select D, it won't correctly remove the old installation in C.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Taomyn

Post by Taomyn »

safihre wrote:Sorry I don't get it.
You told the installer to install in D, but it didn't?

Indeed when it was installed before in C and then you select D, it won't correctly remove the old installation in C.
No, my normal installation is on "D:\Program Files\SABnzbd" - when I ran the installer it continued to say "D:\Program Files\SABnzbd" which is expected. When I checked afterwards, the new installation was in "C:\Program Files\SABnzbd", not expected, but the services still pointed at "D:\Program Files\SABnzbd".

This is a Windows 2012 R2 machine, so 64bit.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Can you try that again? I just checked and when I set D:\Something while the old installation was in C, it places the files correctly in D:\Something
Wouldn't know what to change in the code..

We cannot easily update the Services paths from the installer, the user will have to do that manually.
For a 'normal' installation from C it will give a warning when the paths are changed.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Taomyn

Post by Taomyn »

Sorry, I'm obviously not being clear enough:
  • Current install of 1.2.1 is in D:\Program Files\SABnzbd
  • Run 2.0 installer, it correctly detects old install in D:\Program Files\SABnzbd
  • Installer completes
  • Original SABnzbd in D:\Program Files\SABnzbd still exists and intact
  • Services still point to executables in D:\Program Files\SABnzbd
  • A new installation is now incorrectly also located in C:\Program Files\SABnzbd has no config files from 1.2.1 installation
  • Run old 1.2.1 installer, it detects bad 64bit installation in C:\Program Files\SABnzbd
  • Change folder to D:\Program Files\SABnzbd, execute installer
  • Manually delete folder C:\Program Files\SABnzbd
  • Everything back to 1.2.1, running from D:\Program Files\SABnzbd
I hope that explains it better.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I understood it, but I don't understand how it wouldn't overwrite the installation in D.. At least it should have done that and not randomly dump it in C, that's very strange.

Will try to fix it, but I can't reproduce it yet on Win10 :/
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I think I can reproduce it now.. Will work on a fix.
Taomyn

Post by Taomyn »

Good news, let me know if you want me to test it
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Can you try:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qou2rt0b84ndp ... p.exe?dl=1

Starting from your previous 1.2.2 installation or a 2.0.0 one?
Taomyn

Post by Taomyn »

safihre wrote:Can you try:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qou2rt0b84ndp ... p.exe?dl=1

Starting from your previous 1.2.2 installation or a 2.0.0 one?
Hi, sorry for the delay, real life got in my way.

I attempted again to upgrade from 1.2.1 to this new version, this time it was more successful in that it installed to the correct location of my previous installation, however when I attempted to re-connect it was no longer contactable. I then had to connect via 127.0.0.1:8080 and was given the first start wizard. So no upgrade just a complete fresh start. I stopped it, deleted the updated installation folder, reverted back to my archived copy and installed 1.2.1 again - I'm back up and running.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

That sounds more like your service not accessing the right ini file, strange since the locations didn't change.
Unrelated to the installer but something else.
Taomyn

Post by Taomyn »

safihre wrote:That sounds more like your service not accessing the right ini file, strange since the locations didn't change.
Unrelated to the installer but something else.
Something similar happened once before if I recall: https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.ph ... 81#p109781
Taomyn

Re: [2.0.0 RC 1] 64bit upgrade from 32bit

Post by Taomyn »

I just upgraded from 1.2.3 to 2.0.0 RC 1 and I cannot access the site - looking at the log it is only listening on 127.0.0.1:8080, and I normally use the main server IP or my external IP from outside.

When I compare the .INI file from the new installation and my backed up copy (in an archive I make just before the upgrade), I see the following line is missing:

Code: Select all

host = 0.0.0.0
I also see other parameters missing such as "username", "password" and a side-by-side comparison shows they are very different files - even the API key has changed. This looks like a default file to me.

I could simply add this back, or copy in my original and see what happens but I wanted to run this by you before I make any changes in case you want me to check anything else.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Sounds indeed like default, but SAB doesn't just overwrite settings files.
Maybe you can start a bit cleaner with respect to the services, remove them completly and re-add them with the path to your correct INI settings. Seems like something is going wrong there, but have no clue what or have no reports of others.
Taomyn

Post by Taomyn »

Ok, so I decided to simply copy back the .INI file from my archive file and everything seems to come up and run normally. If I can "obfuscate" the file I'll happily PM you a copy if you want to see it? I do see that the version number within script hasn't changed between v1 and v2 it was still "__version__ = 19".

However what was a "once or twice per week" warning about "No email templates found" after a download finished with v1.x that I could never figure out, it now happens every time and I now receive no notifications. The only setting I can find for this is "Email Templates Folder" described as "Folder containing user-defined email templates.", which in my case is/was set to "email\user" and is empty i.e. no user templates - always has been since the 0.x days of SABnzbd and I received all my notifications. Running the test email now only works if I set this to just "email".

To me this is setting purely for my templates, (it's in the description) should I wish to use any, so I don't understand why the SABnzbd is now expecting to find all templates both system and user in this folder. Was this a recent change because it makes no sense to me, or perhaps a setting not properly upgraded to v2?