Missing application for standard user 2.0.0

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ccranny01

Missing application for standard user 2.0.0

Post by ccranny01 »

Hi there,

I have the following setup:

Version: 1.2.3 (Trying to upgrade --> 2.0.0)
Install-type: Windows Installer
Firewall Software: None, except the Windows 10 (default)
Are you using IPV6? No
Is the issue reproducible? Yes for me it is

I have 1.2.3 installed, and it is used by a couple of users: Myself, as local admin user, and another who is non-admin (standard user) each with their own different settings.

I downloaded the new 2.0.0 installer, shutdown SABNZbd, and have tried installing the updated version 2.0.0 using local admin privileges from both user accounts. However for some reason the application doesn't appear in the start menu nor the desktop icon for the non-admin user. It does appear and works only for me from my account as a local admin. I've tried uninstalling (excluding the settings) and re-installing from both user accounts but the application just doesn't appear for the standard user, doesn't automatically start at login and I can't even see the SABNZBD folder in C:\Program Files to be able to run it manually!

So I removed 2.0.0 and installed back 1.2.3 which works again for both users.

I realise some things have changed with the 64bit version and the install location, but from what I understand from my researching, there shouldn't be any settings in this folder.

Any ideas? Appreciate any advice or suggestions on how to fix and get the application to appear and run for a standard user.