WARNING Ignoring duplicate NZB [FILENAME.NZB]

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
tmattoneill

WARNING Ignoring duplicate NZB [FILENAME.NZB]

Post by tmattoneill »

Very frustrated here. I am trying to download a file, the original of which was broken/corrupted.

I initiate the download in Sonarr then Sabnzb fails out with the error above. I have removed all files in my incomplete directory. I have deleted the corrupt dowloaded file. I don't see anywhere that I can selectively remove items or anywhere to force a re-download. I've stopped and restarted the server. I've searched my entire HD for all .nzb files (there are none).

How on earth can I simply bypass a particular duplicate message? I don't see any history management or anything else in the UI that intuitively let's me simply override and move on.

Help.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: WARNING Ignoring duplicate NZB [FILENAME.NZB]

Post by shypike »

Try 1.1.0 Beta1
It will select the biggest file when it finds multiple ones.
That is usually the right choice.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

No he has a duplicate NZB, not a file.

You need to disable duplicate checking in Config > Switches. Or set it to Pause duplicates instead of removing them so you can unpause the one you want. By Default the duplicate check is off, so you manually turned it on.
It uses the history database for the check.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
tmattoneill

Post by tmattoneill »

Thank you. I did try pausing and also disabling the duplixate nzb switch. Saved changes. Nothing. Error persists. Stopped/started server. Error persists.

I must not be the only one with this issue since about 1:25 downloads corrupts. Is there another way to delete an entry / flush history & rescan, or other clear it out?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Maybe I am getting it wrong:
You just want to download this file again? So then set the duplicate switch to Disabled and only then Add the NZB again.
But if it failed before because of damages, it won't just suddenly start working because you tried again.. Corrupt downloads happen all the time because of DCMA take downs etc.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Verminaard

Post by Verminaard »

Hello

Sorry for resurrecting a year old topic but I can't find a solution anywhere. I am suffering the same issue. Why is there no option to "Download anyway" or a function to disable this check entirely? I have different Usenet servers but Sab won't let me download it again. It's really annoying. Please provide a solution.
safihre wrote: June 19th, 2016, 8:25 am You just want to download this file again? So then set the duplicate switch to Disabled and only then Add the NZB again.
Mine is set to disabled but it still won't let me.
Thanks in advance.

O.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

That is impossible, make sure you have both duplicate checks disabled. There are two.
Verminaard

Post by Verminaard »

safihre wrote: June 18th, 2016, 1:10 pm You need to disable duplicate checking in Config > Switches.
This is what I've disabled, where is the second one?
Verminaard

Post by Verminaard »

Okay got it. You're talking about the option "Detect duplicate episodes in series" which is one below to "Detect Duplicate Downloads". I disabled "Detect duplicate episodes in series" as well and now it allows me to download. My problem is resolved, however, I'd like to give some feedback:

This is confusing and misleading because "Detect duplicate episodes in series" sounds like it checks if you already have the same episode downloaded, but in my case it was failed before for whatever reason so I don't actually have the episode and for the same reason I can't try to download again, also, "Detect Duplicate Downloads" sounds like it precedes everything else because it emphasizes on "download" in general. I really don't see the point of having two separate checks for the same thing (Maybe "Detect duplicate episodes in series" is not working properly, I don't know)

Maybe you guys should look into this.

But thanks again for helping me out.

Cheers

O.