Direct Unpack Cancellation Deletes All Data

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
starkline

Direct Unpack Cancellation Deletes All Data

Post by starkline »

I do not know if this is related to direct unpack, but I have only ever observed this behavior once (after the feature was added).

Here's what happened:
I started a download the normal way. All was well until I decided to cancel the download by clicking the trash icon. After doing that, something terrible happened. The ENTIRE folder where all my downloads unpack to was deleted. That was 2TB of data gone. 48 hours of file carving on an ext4 drive later and most of my data was salvaged. Maybe this was an odd bug that doesn't hit anyone else in the gut.

Version: 2.2.0RC1 [4246bc2]
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Direct Unpack Cancellation Deletes All Data

Post by safihre »

Thus is strange and bad indeed. Are you sure this happend on RC1? Because we made specific checks to avoid this.
In the Beta this was indeed a bug like this, but I thought we fixed it in RC1.
What are you category settings? Do you use sorting?

Could you send the log to [email protected]? Maybe there's something in there or at least it has an anomized copy of your settings so I can try to reproduce.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
starkline

Post by starkline »

I'm pretty sure the version I listed was the correct one, but it's possible SAB updated with Mint when I rebooted the system. I have 4 categories with different priorities, but processing is set to default on all of them. They each extract to different folders. None use scripts. I do not use sorting.

Not sure a log will help. I can't remember the exact time and what file I was downloading. I was a bit preoccupied with other things. :)
Do you want my sabnzbd.ini file?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

If you use the Show Logging button it will create a log that includes an anonymized version of your settings :)
That would be great!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate