2.3.1Beta1 - sabnzbd hangs if you change categories while a rar containing nzbs is being added from watched folder

Questions and bug reports for Beta releases should be posted here.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
order512

2.3.1Beta1 - sabnzbd hangs if you change categories while a rar containing nzbs is being added from watched folder

Post by order512 »

I'm using windows 10.
It happened two times already, i put a rar containing several nzbs in my watched folder, and while they are being added i change categories/priorities using the webinterface or an android client nzb360. I've never had this issue before. Each time the rar file is still in the watched folder, it was not deleted.

Only solution i found is to kill sabnzbd and start it again.
I looked quickly in github and i think it's related to 'NZBQUEUE_LOCK'.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2.3.1Beta1 - sabnzbd hangs if you change categories while a rar containing nzbs is being added from watched folder

Post by safihre »

The lock should just make it wait to process your category-change request until the adding is finished, is this not what happens?
It really freezes?

Can you enable Debug logging in the Status Window and then recreate this?
After this, send me the logs at [email protected]
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
order512

Re: 2.3.1Beta1 - sabnzbd hangs if you change categories while a rar containing nzbs is being added from watched folder

Post by order512 »

Yes sabnzbd can no longer be contacted, no matter how long i wait. Note that i changed quickly several categories as the nzb are added. Then on android i saw msg like 'Category can't be changed' or something similar, then sabnzb can't be contacted anymore (and the file in the watched folder is never deleted).

I will try to reproduce this evening, i already have logs but i don't know what to look for inside.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Found the problem, trying to fix.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
order512

Post by order512 »

Great, i just reproduced it a third time, but i see nothing in the logs :(