[SOLVED] spelling 'priority'

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
OneCD

[SOLVED] spelling 'priority'

Post by OneCD »

SABnzbd 2.3.2 - master branch

Navigate to Config -> Scheduling -> Action -> then drop-down the list.

The word 'prioirty' is used here a few times. This should probably be: 'priority'. ;)

P.S. most items in this list use capitalized text - except for the "Servers" actions. Should they be capitalized too?
Last edited by OneCD on January 31st, 2018, 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: spelling 'priority'

Post by sander »

@onecd ... if you have a github account, you can change it and send a Pull Request.

Note that the typo is also in all .po files. So a total of 108 occurences:

Code: Select all

sander@Stream-13:~/git/sabnzbd$ grep -irn prioirty * | grep ":" | wc -l
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

I do have a GitHub account but my experience with the SAB repo is somewhat limited. I am unfamiliar with the environment and didn’t want to create a pull request with the wrong solution.

I’d feel more comfortable with someone changing this (like you guys) who understand how all the bits work together. ;)
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

There is "github" in your signature ... so which things of github / git do you already know?

"fork" in Github?
"git clone"?
Can you do "git gui" on your Linux?
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

OneCD wrote: January 28th, 2018, 5:30 am https://github.com/OneCDOnly
Not the answer I expected ...

What I can do: change it via github, make a recording of it, and post it on youtube so that you can see how to do it. Maybe useful.
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

You may have misunderstood. ;)

I’m familiar with the process - not familiar enough with the layout of the SABnzbd repo to be comfortable enough to submit changes to it.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

@OneCD I see that this was already corrected before.
In SAB we correct bad English by updating the "English" translation (en.po), so to see these updates you have to run:

Code: Select all

python tools/make_mo.py
Before starting SABnzbd, after every update of SAB. This way all translations are compiled and updated.
In our source-disrtribution for the offical releases, we include these compiled and update translations.

We should maybe mention this in the 'From Source' section on our Wiki.. I thought it was there.

EDIT: Added to wiki! https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/installation/i ... ff-modules
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

Thanks @safihre, this was on my own Debian system (where I don't need languages other than English so I hadn't run make_mo.py). I've now run it and can confirm both issues I mentioned above have indeed been fixed.

I didn't know that make_mo.py was also used for corrections, and that it needs to be run again after an update, so I leaned something. :D

Will make_mo.py need to be run after every 'git pull', or only when a major version change is pulled? I'll amend the init script for SABnzbd on QNAP NAS once I know.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

OneCD wrote: January 29th, 2018, 1:49 pmWill make_mo.py need to be run after every 'git pull', or only when a major version change is pulled? I'll amend the init script for SABnzbd on QNAP NAS once I know.
Basically every time the translation sources are updated, i.e. the files in the po/ directory. So unless you want to compare their file age to that of the compiled mo files, that means after every pull. None of this is directly linked to version bumps for the whole of sab.

PS: do note that make_mo can fail if translators make mistakes, such as %s mismatches. So make sure your script can live with that.
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

Thanks @jcfp. Can I assume it returns a non-zero exitcode if it fails?

If it does fail, is there any corrective action that should be taken before launching SAB?

Running [make_mo.py] after pulling from 'master' should then not be needed until the next merge from 'develop' occurs - does that sound correct?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

That's correct. If it fails nothing bad happens :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

Thanks @safihre, that makes it easy.

Whenever a major release is announced, I post with instructions showing how to upgrade, including any extras required to support the new version. I can just add [make_mo.py] to that.

It’s also run automatically after the initial install, so I think that covers everything. ;)
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

I decided to make language rebuilding occur automatically whenever the version number changes, prior to launching SABnznd. ;)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] spelling 'priority'

Post by safihre »

Good one!