Not enough disk space (network drive)

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
jwhitener

Not enough disk space (network drive)

Post by jwhitener »

Sab 2.3.2 on Windows 10. Connecting to a network drive that I've used for years with Sab. 2.2 TB free space.

It pauses downloads, even after setting config-->folders minimum space to 0.

What is odd, is that Sab will initially report that I have 2.2 TB free, then a few seconds of downloading, and it will pause and the 2.2 TB is replaced with 0 in the web interface.

I've checked that no permissions have changed, the folders are writeable by the sab user.

What else can I try? In the meantime, I'll try an older version.
jwhitener

Re: Not enough disk space

Post by jwhitener »

2.2.1 has the same behavior. Weird.
jwhitener

Post by jwhitener »

OK, I see an error in the log now:
[13/Feb/2018:20:25:49] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last): File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyo", line 670, in respond File "cherrypy\lib\encoding.pyo", line 220, in __call__ File "cherrypy\_cpdispatch.pyo", line 60, in __call__ File "sabnzbd\interface.pyo", line 2449, in index File "sabnzbd\api.pyo", line 1187, in build_status File "sabnzbd\decorators.pyo", line 48, in call_func File "sabnzbd\nzbqueue.pyo", line 172, in scan_jobs File "sabnzbd\misc.pyo", line 140, in globber_full WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'Y:\\temp\\*.*'

y:\temp and y:\complete are my network drives. I looked in the config file and it looks OK.
jwhitener

Post by jwhitener »

Well this is even stranger. If I keep unpausing, it will grab a few megs before it stops. I've successfully downloaded two shows by continually unpausing sab until the download finishes.

Well, I take that back. Two shows downloaded to my y:\temp directory completely, but it errors before "combining" the parts into the show. The message is the same error: The directory name is invalid: u'Y:\\temp\\*.*'
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

That is an invalid directory, there are 2 \ in there.
Maybe you can try using the real path (IP) and not the mapped drive name.
Nothing changed in the 2.2.x releases when it comes to network and diskspace handling, so maybe it's a settings or Windows change.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
jwhitener

Post by jwhitener »

In the sannzbd.ini file the path is y:\temp. A single \.

Where is it finding another backslash?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Not enough disk space (network drive)

Post by sander »

y:\temp and y:\complete are my network drives.
What if you point SABnzbd's temp to your local C:-drive, and try again?
jwhitener

Post by jwhitener »

I don't have enough space on my windows drive, but when I get home, I'll make a symbolic link to a local folder like

mklink /D C:\temp11111 \\server\share\foldername\

I'll let you know if that works.

Side note, ordered a new ssd. I'll install sabnzbd in linux once I get that drive. Windows always has weird glitches like this. And windows 10 wants to reboot and update itself every other week, so as a media/sab system, it just isn't stable.
jwhitener

Post by jwhitener »

mklink /D c:\sabtemp \\192.168.0.150\share\temp

Nope.
WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'C:\\sabtemp\\incomplete\\*.*'
jwhitener

Post by jwhitener »

I changed the temp dir to c:\a-real-local-folder and then sab works and a temp space area shows up in the web gui. All this was working 2 days ago, so I'm still at a loss why it can no longer see my temp space, yet still recognizes that I have 2.2 TB free in general.
jwhitener

Post by jwhitener »

OK, I got it to work. I have no idea why it worked, but it did.

In the sabnzbd folder settings, instead of using the y:\temp directory that has always worked, I just let sab create a subfolder y:\temp\incomplete. It worked without error, despite the web gui still showing no temp space (but shows overall free space.
Last edited by jwhitener on February 20th, 2018, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

That's kinda strange, but good to know.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
jwhitener

Post by jwhitener »

Well, despite downloading about 50 items since I last posted, Sab started reporting that I had no space left (temp space). No changes to my system that I was able to observe. It first complained that it could not create y:\temp\incomplete. So I deleted incomplete and let it create it again. It downloaded one show, then the second show, it said 'no space' again. The overall space was still showing as available, just the temp space was showing as inaccessible. Not zero, just completely absent from the web gui.

My second SSD I bought arrived in the in the meantime, and I pointed it to that local drive, and have no problems since then.

Just for the record, my NAS is a newer 8TB Synology using WD nas drives. Maybe the NAS has some odd sort of bug that doesn't let it report to windows properly. The mapped drive in Windows 10 has never stopped reporting space and has always worked though.

If had the time I'd write some python programs to pin it down, but with a second local drive in place, I'm just happy it is working again. I just wanted to post an update in case it helps anyone else or sheds light on any future bugs.
jwhitener

Post by jwhitener »

Now sickbeard is having similar issues. So Cherrypy + Windows 10 + Synology. Somewhere in that mix, there is a bug:
See that letter 'u' right before the network drive? That is the same thing Sab was complaining about.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyo", line 660, in respond
File "cherrypy\lib\encoding.pyo", line 193, in __call__
File "cherrypy\_cpdispatch.pyo", line 25, in __call__
File "sickbeard\webserve.pyo", line 1429, in processEpisode
File "sickbeard\processTV.pyo", line 147, in processDir
File "sickbeard\processTV.pyo", line 119, in processDir
File "sickbeard\encodingKludge.pyo", line 60, in ek
WindowsError: [Error 59] An unexpected network error occurred: u'z:\\complete\\show....
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

See that letter 'u' right before the network drive? That is the same thing Sab was complaining about.
WindowsError: [Error 59] An unexpected network error occurred: u'z:\\complete\\show....
That u-thing is Python notation for Unicode / UTF. So nothing to worry about.

I extend my earlier advice "What if you point SABnzbd's temp to your local C:-drive, and try again?" to also point your Complete directory to your new local drive. If that works, you know the problem is in your network drive.