Hostname verification failed

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
jmuk

Hostname verification failed

Post by jmuk »

Sorry, I'm lost and I know you have a wiki about it but it has not helped me.

I followed the setup wizard and it picked up internal and another address - accepted both of these but only the internal is working. I am getting the following error with the other address: Access denied - Hostname verification failed: https://sabnzbd.org/hostname-check

I checked Special tab, and the Domain Name address is listed in the 'host_whitelist ( )' - but it still does not work.

WORKS: Do not work:
  • NAS Domain Name: http://SynologyServerName:8080/sabnzbd/ (Refused connection with hostname "SynologyServerName" from: xxx.xxx.x.xx>Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.139 Safari/537.36)
  • Hostname: my.synology.my:8080
used Putty to navigate to the file: /volume1/@appstore/sabnzbd/var/config.ini but it did not show me anything.

Should I be editing this file? if so how can I? tried 'vim' but nothing was shown......is there and easy way for a noob to enable me to view SAB with:
  • internal IP
  • Domain Name
  • Hostname
This was my setup before the latest upgrade
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hostname verification failed

Post by safihre »

You should use the interface, then go to Config > Specials > host_whitelist and put there:

Code: Select all

my.synology.my, SynologyServerName
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
jmuk

Post by jmuk »

Oh...case sensitive, working now - Thanks!!

SynologyServerName was added by the wizard, but I have never noticed but the browser url changes it to synologyservername - all lower case!

Anyway, changed it to lower case, and it is worked as expected.

Thanks again :)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It's a bug in SAB, it should have been lower-cased. This will be fixed for the next release.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Nomadadon

Post by Nomadadon »

I nuked my entire ini file and restarted, then filled in the values for my servers/api keys and I'm back in business.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Nomadadon wrote: March 10th, 2019, 2:55 pm I nuked my entire ini file and restarted, then filled in the values for my servers/api keys and I'm back in business.
Uhhh ... wrong thread. Can you please post that in viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24069 ?
jron

Post by jron »

Any other ideas on this could be for someone still having this issue? I just had to reformat my synology, reinstalling everything and I can't get sab to run, keep getting this error. Tried removing the package and rebooting, then reinstalling, still same thing.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

jron wrote: July 25th, 2019, 3:37 pm Any other ideas on this could be for someone still having this issue? I just had to reformat my synology, reinstalling everything and I can't get sab to run, keep getting this error. Tried removing the package and rebooting, then reinstalling, still same thing.
Via which URL do you try to access SAB on your synology
And what is the exact error message?
jron

Post by jron »

I was getting the same exact error, but, I just ended up snagging my config.ini from my backup and that fixed it. Weird that a fresh install wouldn't work or even prompt me with the initial setup.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Depends how you setup your synology host, if it's different from the name we get from the system. We try to automatically detect it when installing.