adding nzb through webinterface newzbin WEB

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
iluvatar

adding nzb through webinterface newzbin WEB

Post by iluvatar »

Hi,

I am running SABNZB 2.3.4 on a Synology NAS (918+). Up until 2.3.2 I was able to add NZB's to the queue from Newzbin Web and a green check appeared signaling it went ok. Now, on 2.3.4 the NZB gets added to the queue OK, but in Newzbin I get the message : cannot connect to SABNZB. Check your settings (In a red bar). This happens in multiple browsers (IE, Edge and Chrome). In the Newzbin application (the non-web version) it works ok. Who knows what's happening, and more importantly, how to fix it ?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: adding nzb through webinterface newzbin WEB

Post by safihre »

Strange. Maybe you can ask the creator of the plugin?
I don't think we really changed anything for our code that signals the completion.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
iluvatar

Post by iluvatar »

funny thing is : it worked until 2.3.2, and it stopped working with 2.3.4. Are you sure there's no 'signal' from sabnzb to plugin ? Success or failure of the queueing attempt ?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Well, in SABnzbd 2.3.3 a security feature was introduced (see https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/extra/hostname-check.html), but that can't be the problem because you say "on 2.3.4 the NZB gets added to the queue OK". That is the proof that that security feature is NOT kicking in.

EDIT:

I can reproduce what you describe.
* Based on the 2.3.3+ DNS FQDN whitelist check, I would expect the connection to be refused Via API no whitelisting done, so correct behaviour.
* Newzbin Web says "connection failed', whereas SAB's JSON answer looks good to me ...

???
iluvatar

Post by iluvatar »

sander wrote: June 11th, 2018, 1:23 pm I can reproduce what you describe.
* Based on the 2.3.3+ DNS FQDN whitelist check, I would expect the connection to be refused Via API no whitelisting done, so correct behaviour.
* Newzbin Web says "connection failed', whereas SAB's JSON answer looks good to me ...
Thanks for your insight. Are you in a position to compare the JSON answer of 2.3.4 with a JSON answer of 2.3.2
I would do it myself, but don't know how.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

iluvatar wrote: June 12th, 2018, 5:33 am
sander wrote: June 11th, 2018, 1:23 pm I can reproduce what you describe.
Thanks for your insight. Are you in a position to compare the JSON answer of 2.3.4 with a JSON answer of 2.3.2
I would do it myself, but don't know how.
Certainly:

SAB 2.3.2 JSON answer:

Code: Select all

Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 19:32:57 GMT
Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8

jQuery1111035090828010239794_1528745559602({"status": true, "nzo_ids": ["SABnzbd_nzo_VDo1Wm"]})
... looks a bit strange

SAB 2.3.4 answers:

Code: Select all

Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 18:49:17 GMT
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8

{"status": true, "nzo_ids": ["SABnzbd_nzo_u_HMUA"]}
Ah, that looks better!

So the Newzbin people should read the SAB 2.3.4 answer, and make their code compliant.
iluvatar

Post by iluvatar »

safihre wrote: June 11th, 2018, 11:49 am Strange. Maybe you can ask the creator of the plugin?
I don't think we really changed anything for our code that signals the completion.
As it turns out, something WAS changed after all. I've asked the newzbin people. Or is it possible to change the JSON output to the format < 2.3.3
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

iluvatar wrote: June 12th, 2018, 1:21 pm
safihre wrote: June 11th, 2018, 11:49 am Strange. Maybe you can ask the creator of the plugin?
As it turns out, something WAS changed after all. I've asked the newzbin people. Or is it possible to change the JSON output to the format < 2.3.3
You've contacted Newzbin? Did they react?

Change is probably https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/comm ... d51cc14f68 (I'm not the author) ... and that looks like a bug fix ("Remove callback from API. It was only half-implemented."), so changing back is re-introducing a bug.

EDIT:

And as you reported yourself: adding the NZB works. So the Newzbin only have to change what their website says, I would ... uhmmm ... say.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Would like to add that since 2.3.4 we support CORS headers, which was previously not implemented. That's why (possibly) they used the callback function (that was only partially implemented).
Now they shouldn't have to do that anymore with the new version.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
iluvatar

Post by iluvatar »

sander wrote: June 12th, 2018, 2:07 pm
You've contacted Newzbin? Did they react?

Change is probably https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/comm ... d51cc14f68 (I'm not the author) ... and that looks like a bug fix ("Remove callback from API. It was only half-implemented."), so changing back is re-introducing a bug.

EDIT:

And as you reported yourself: adding the NZB works. So the Newzbin only have to change what their website says, I would ... uhmmm ... say.
I raised a topic on their forum. No reaction unfortunately
https://newzbin.org/showthread.php?tid=9774
iluvatar

Post by iluvatar »

they fixed it.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

iluvatar wrote: June 25th, 2018, 2:05 pm they fixed it.
Good to hear. Thanks for the info.