D'load Speeds

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
phunki101

D'load Speeds

Post by phunki101 »

Hi,
Was wondering if the d'load speed can be increased as I seem to be forever stuck at 3.6m/s or lower, is there a way to get it any faster. I have super fast fibre broadband at home.

Cheers
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: D'load Speeds

Post by safihre »

Maybe you set a speedlimit in Config General?
What did you fill there?

What kind do system is it?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
phunki101

Post by phunki101 »

No Speed limit set in Tuning section,
Maximum Line Speed Box is blank
Percentage of Line Speed is Blank,
Listening on Port 8080

Port 80

Windows 7
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Maybe try a different provider. For get a free trial at Supernews or at Frugal, they give me 110MB/s.

Also double check the number of connections for your server, try setting at least 10.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

What speed does https://fast.com/ report to you?
phunki101

Post by phunki101 »

oh dear 24Mps :-\

I have 50 connections selected
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

phunki101 wrote: October 28th, 2018, 12:16 pm oh dear 24Mps
... which is the same as the 3 MB/s as reported by Sabnzbd.

So not a Sab problem
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Sounds like you are connected via Wifi?
Try using a cable, or better wifi!
crabcola

Post by crabcola »

Came here to post about speed and saw this thread, so I'm piggybacking. Forgive my ignorance, as I'm sure you most of you have seen these types of questions 1,000 times over. I'm a first time visitor to the forums.

I've been using Sab alongside Giganews Diamond level for many years (go ahead with the waste of money jokes, I deserve it). I've never had issues with DL speeds before (like almost 10 years), but all of a sudden all new downloads are maxing out at 2.5 mbps. My download speed is over 900, and my upload is over 100. Anybody have any things I could try? My usenet provider (Giganews) allows 50 connections, but I've never attempted more than 25. I've played around with this to no avail.... max speed of 2.5 mb/s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As I said, this is a new problem for me, so I'm not sure where to start. I haven't changed any other settings, and I also looked thru the help section on high speed downloading. Nothing works.
Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

There can be many kinks in the chain. What happens if you use the Test Download in the Status and Interface settings window?
What if you do a speedtest at speedtest.net?
And when you're sure it's not the connection to the internet, have you tried a trial account with a different usenet provider? We link one on our website.
crabcola

Post by crabcola »

safihre wrote: May 20th, 2019, 12:21 am There can be many kinks in the chain. What happens if you use the Test Download in the Status and Interface settings window?
What if you do a speedtest at speedtest.net?
And when you're sure it's not the connection to the internet, have you tried a trial account with a different usenet provider? We link one on our website.
The test download stays at the 2.5. Speedtest is showing 700 mb/s at the time of this reply and fast.net is showing 500 mb/s. I will attempt a new usenet provider. Perhaps that is my issue. Odd for it to arise now. Thank you for the advice and support.
RichKK

Post by RichKK »

crabcola wrote: May 19th, 2019, 2:07 pm Came here to post about speed and saw this thread, so I'm piggybacking. Forgive my ignorance, as I'm sure you most of you have seen these types of questions 1,000 times over. I'm a first time visitor to the forums.

I've been using Sab alongside Giganews Diamond level for many years (go ahead with the waste of money jokes, I deserve it). I've never had issues with DL speeds before (like almost 10 years), but all of a sudden all new downloads are maxing out at 2.5 mbps. My download speed is over 900, and my upload is over 100. Anybody have any things I could try? My usenet provider (Giganews) allows 50 connections, but I've never attempted more than 25. I've played around with this to no avail.... max speed of 2.5 mb/s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As I said, this is a new problem for me, so I'm not sure where to start. I haven't changed any other settings, and I also looked thru the help section on high speed downloading. Nothing works.
Hi.
I got the exact same problem yesterday and through google found my way here.
My downloads are also being capped by sabnzbd at 2.5MB/s, before yesterday I was getting my max line speed of around 7MB/s.
I've tested my line speed and there's no faults there.
I was fairly sure i'd not tweaked any settings but to be certain I fully uninstalled and reinstalled sabnzbd and the cap is still there using default settings.
I also tested the same files on the same server with another usenet client and was able to max my line speed immediately so it's 100% the program that is causing this.
I'm downloading to an internal SSD and my stats are :-
System performance 84139
Download folder speed 80.8 MB/s
Complete folder speed 82.5 MB/s

Any help or ideas would be appreciated, thanks!
crabcola

Post by crabcola »

RichKK wrote: May 21st, 2019, 1:48 am
crabcola wrote: May 19th, 2019, 2:07 pm Came here to post about speed and saw this thread, so I'm piggybacking. Forgive my ignorance, as I'm sure you most of you have seen these types of questions 1,000 times over. I'm a first time visitor to the forums.

Hi.
I got the exact same problem yesterday and through google found my way here.
My downloads are also being capped by sabnzbd at 2.5MB/s, before yesterday I was getting my max line speed of around 7MB/s.
I've tested my line speed and there's no faults there.
I was fairly sure i'd not tweaked any settings but to be certain I fully uninstalled and reinstalled sabnzbd and the cap is still there using default settings.
I also tested the same files on the same server with another usenet client and was able to max my line speed immediately so it's 100% the program that is causing this.
I'm downloading to an internal SSD and my stats are :-
System performance 84139
Download folder speed 80.8 MB/s
Complete folder speed 82.5 MB/s

Any help or ideas would be appreciated, thanks!
Wow...I'm happy (not at your expense) to know I'm not the only person on the planet. What you described is eerily similar to my situation. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times. The one last thing I was going to try was changing my download destination to my SSD, but that apparently didn't help you, either.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Do you use a VPN?
crabcola

Post by crabcola »

@safihre I have one, but don't typically use it.