Move from Ubuntu to Windows

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
seePyou

Move from Ubuntu to Windows

Post by seePyou »

Hello all,

I have two basic questions here, so here is my background. I have been running sabnzbd on Ubuntu since very early and been trying to keep it up to date and troubleshoot which has been a good learning experience.
For varied workflow reasons, I would like to move the installation to a Windows box though, so here are the questions:

a) Is one sabnzbd version preferable to another? As in, the Windows version being better than others, because of stuff or things? I'm keeping this vague on purpose as I do not know if there is any such purpose. I am asking this because of another experience I've had with a software which was made for Windows and if one wanted to run it on Ubuntu, one could, but then one would have to run "mono" as well, and that ... piece of software... would be the source of all problems. Moved to Windows with it and never had a problem since. So, does sabnzbd have a similar preferable OS where it would be most happy and most stable?

b) If one is to move from Ubuntu to Windows, can one do so with a backup-restore method for settings, instead of installing and setting up everything from scratch?

Thank you all!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Move from Ubuntu to Windows

Post by sander »

a) No

b) sabnzbd.ini for all settings (but be aware of Ubuntu-versus-Windows path differences). And the admin directory if you want to save History
seePyou

Post by seePyou »

Thank you for the quick reply!

I suppose that the sabnzbd.ini is perfectly fine to be opened in notepad and edited though, correct?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Better Wordpad because of line-endings linux versus windows
seePyou

Post by seePyou »

Thank you!