Problem updating on QNAP

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Cerberus

Problem updating on QNAP

Post by Cerberus »

I’m running QTS 4.3.6.0993 on a TS-251+.

In order to update, I clicked on the download indicator on the Sab screen and then went to the AppCenter, clicked on the ‘+’ in a circle near the top rh corner and got the Install Manually pop up. I browse and select the SABnzbd-2.3.9-src.tar.gz file and click Install.
After a short time, I get a pop up message saying:

[App Center] Failed to install SABnzbd-2.3.9-src.tar.gz due to a file format error.

Where did I go wrong?
OneCD

Re: Problem updating on QNAP

Post by OneCD »

The QTS App Center only supports the installation of QPKGs. These are a format specific to QNAP (essentially, they’re a shell-script with a compressed binary payload).

How you update will depend on how you installed your current SABnzbd. ;)
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
Cerberus

Post by Cerberus »

I believe I installed from the QNAP Store back in May. Would an update package be provided from there?
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

I think you’re describing @Stephane’s QSabNZBdPlus available in the Qnapclub Store.

@Stephane updates his packages from time to time. But he usually cannot stay up-to-date with the latest versions. You can ask him to release an updated version via the QNAP Community Forum.

An alternative is the sherpa installer script. It will install a self-updating SABnzbd QPKG. ;D
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
Cerberus

Post by Cerberus »

Now that I look more closely, you are correct and I will follow your advice. Many thanks.
stester

Post by stester »

Did you get 2.3.9 installed Cerberus? Does the rate limit slider work?