Disable post-processing

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
lamaxx

Disable post-processing

Post by lamaxx »

I have noticed that post-processing seems to have a tremendous negative impact on download speed - the same download that was going at 30MB/s slows down to 1 or 2 MB/s when another file is post-processing - it would be nice to have the option to disable post-processing altogether, and deal with it later - in fact, it would be nice to have the option to disable post-processing altogether, and handle it separately - that's what I was doing with NZBget, that is downloading the rars and then repairing/unraring the files with a separate utility - but I recently switched to SABnzbd, and I have not been able to find a setting (at least not an obvious one) that would enable me to do just that. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
lamaxx
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Disable post-processing

Post by jcfp »

It's possible to disable postproc altogether by setting 'processing' for the (default) category to download only. The other (and way nicer unless you have too much free time) option to avoid your issue is to use 'pause downloading during post-processing' under switches.
lamaxx

Post by lamaxx »

thank you!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I would actually suggest "Pause download during post-processing" option, so automation can do the trick :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate