Cannot create final folder [Docker & NAS]

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
osuhickeys

Cannot create final folder [Docker & NAS]

Post by osuhickeys »

I am running version 2.3.9 [03c10dc] using Docker container using image linuxserver/sabnzbd. A few days ago I started getting the error " Cannot create final folder". I can connect to the container and go to the folder and create a new folder using mkdir so I am sure it is not a permissions issue. Sabnzbd does create the unpack folder in this same directory before it fails trying to create the final folder for the unpack to go into.

Is this a known bug?

Line 36 : 2020-03-23 12:13:05,961::ERROR::[postproc:635] Cannot create final folder /movies/Official.Secrets.2019.1080p.BluRay.x265.10bit.Tigole
Line 37 : 2020-03-23 12:13:05,961::ERROR::[misc:1001] Failed making (/movies/Official.Secrets.2019.1080p.BluRay.x265.10bit.Tigole)
Line 38 : 2020-03-23 12:13:05,960::INFO::[misc:999] Creating directories: /movies/Official.Secrets.2019.1080p.BluRay.x265.10bit.Tigole
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Cannot create final folder [Docker]

Post by sander »

What & where is "/movies/" ?
osuhickeys

Post by osuhickeys »

It is a drive on a NAS that I am mounting with "docker volume create --driver local --opt type=cifs --opt device=...". This has been working for the past few years just fine. I can connect to the container with "docker exec -it sabnzbd bash" and go to that folder and create a file using mkdir. SABNZBD also creates the initial _UNPACK_ folder in downloads folder and then moves it to the movie folder when it is ready to unpack, but it fails when it tries to create the new final destination folder in the movies folder.

It is weird because it it seems it cannot be a rights issue since I can create a folder there manually and it moves the _UNPACK_ folder there.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

osuhickeys wrote: March 24th, 2020, 6:34 am It is a drive on a NAS that I am mounting with ...
Yeah, I already thought that. As a test / workaround: put Complete on your local host system. If that works (and it will), you know it's not a SAB problem.

With NAS drives (from docker or a plain host) you can expect intermittent problems: a NAS that does not respond, or does not respond in time.

I wish SAB had an option to put Complete on a local drive, and after that SAB itself would move the content from Complete to a Final drive, would could be a NAS. And if that fails, it's still in the Complete directory, and the cause is clear.

EDIT:

Or: make a separate process that each second writes something to the NAS, checks it, and reports it. I can imagine two possible outcomes:
- no problems with the process (maybe because it keeps the NAS awake), and no problems with SAB
- probem with that process (NAS not reachable), and thusalso problems with SAB
osuhickeys

Re: Cannot create final folder [Docker & NAS]

Post by osuhickeys »

The image linuxserver/sabnzbd has a downloads and complete volumes you can mount. Downloads is where it creates the complete folder. It does download it to that directory initially and it is on my local host drive. The /movies/ folder is on the NAS and is setup as a folder for the Movies category. It is here where SABNZBD goes to create 2 folders (_UNPACK_ & final) at the same time, 1 works and 1 fails. SABNZBD then fails to move the download from the _UNPACK_ folder to the final folder.

I know it is not rights and I know it is not the NAS. Everyone has full rights on the NAS folders and I am streaming content from the NAS via Plex to ensure the NAS is on line and available to rules it being intermittently available out.
osuhickeys

Post by osuhickeys »

I solved this by changing "-e PUID=1000 -e PGID=1000" to "-e PUID=0 -e PGID=0" in my docker create command.

Not sure what changes that caused it to stop working after all this time, but that seems to have solved it.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

osuhickeys wrote: March 24th, 2020, 1:26 pm I solved this by changing "-e PUID=1000 -e PGID=1000" to "-e PUID=0 -e PGID=0" in my docker create command.

Not sure what changes that caused it to stop working after all this time, but that seems to have solved it.
OK ... but how could you get intermittent problems?
crazeeeyez

Post by crazeeeyez »

osuhickeys wrote: March 24th, 2020, 1:26 pm I solved this by changing "-e PUID=1000 -e PGID=1000" to "-e PUID=0 -e PGID=0" in my docker create command.

Thank you! This solved my annoying problem!
xormac

Post by xormac »

I know it's 3 years later... but I just wanted to say thank you! This solved the issue I had with connecting to an Unraid drive pool.