renaming TV shows with obfuscated filenames

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
NZBeaner

Re: renaming TV shows with obfuscated filenames

Post by NZBeaner »

Category? Priority? Processing? Folder/Path? Indexer Categories / Groups?

?????????????

WHY is this so needlessly complicated?

Is there anywhere I can see a complete step by step description of how to do this?
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

NZBeaner wrote: February 5th, 2019, 5:59 pm WHY is this so needlessly complicated?
You are welcome to code your own solution. One that isn't "so needlessly complicated". ::)
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Have you tried using the Sorting-approach? This is much simpler and build-in to SABnzbd.
Go to Config > Sorting and enable each of the sorting options for the right category (so Series-sorting for your "tv" or "series" category and Movie Sorting for your "movies" category). Make sure to check "Enable"
Then select the preset Job Name as Filename. This doesn't always work perfectly, if it cannot correctly parse the name of the job.

The Deobfuscate.py only works if Python 2.7 is installed.
If the Scripts Folder is empty, it won't show in Config > Categories.
Let's try this, assuming you have just installed SABnzbd without changes:
- Config > Folders > Script Folder, set: C:\Program Files\SABnzbd\scripts
- Config > Categories, there should now be a column named Script.
- For the first row, select Deobfuscate.py from the dropdown.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
kostaszag

Post by kostaszag »

Hi, I am resurrecting this old thread because I tried to post a new thread and it was denied because I had supposedly included a link on the message (I am quite sure I had not placed a link anywhere. Anyway...)

I have the same problem as the original poster, files I download are obfuscated. Always.

Whenever I download an nzb a folder is created with the correct name, say The.Last.Kingdom.S04E01.etc, but the folder contains an .mkv or .mp4 with a gibberish name, like 4bgqweraoder36xlobmkv. I have enabled TV sorting and movies sorting under configuration and the sort string is "%dn.%ext". What am I doing wrong? Oh, and I am a Mac user using SABnzbd 2.9.0.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Did you select a category for the Movie and TV sorting?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
kostaszag

Post by kostaszag »

Yes. At first I had default. Then I changed it to "TV" for series sorting and "movies" for movie sorting. This brought no improvement, so I select all kategories (movies, tv, etc.) still no improvement. Of course, I have ticked everywhere "Job name as file name" The string is %dn.%ext Perhaps I should add "%fn" ?
kostaszag

Post by kostaszag »

I found the culprit. It is the Direct Unpack option. If you deactivate this then deobfuscation works properly. That is a pity, because Direct Unpack makes downloading a lot faster, but renaming the files is also a PITA.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Strange, Sorting should also work with Direct Unpack..
Could you send me an example NZB at [email protected]?
kostaszag

Post by kostaszag »

kostaszag wrote: May 8th, 2020, 1:23 pm I found the culprit. It is the Direct Unpack option. If you deactivate this then deobfuscation works properly. That is a pity, because Direct Unpack makes downloading a lot faster, but renaming the files is also a PITA.
I am afraid I have to take this back. After one or two successful downloads, deobfuscation stopped working, even with Direct Unpacking box unticked. What I am certain though is, that mkv.s are named correctly if they are not placed in a folder after unpacking. I am sending you an .nzb file whose renaming failed, so you can test it yourself.
noslack913

Post by noslack913 »

Did you solve this problem, I have the same problem , so frustrating...
kostaszag

Post by kostaszag »

noslack913 wrote: September 18th, 2020, 5:33 pm Did you solve this problem, I have the same problem , so frustrating...
Nope, haven't found a solution yet. And yes, it is very frustrating.