Cannot create final folder

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
PiERiT

Cannot create final folder

Post by PiERiT »

Some completed downloads (not all) are failing to extract to my NAS with the following error. I thought this was maybe due to the 3.0.1 bug where NZB names weren't being parsed as strings, causing issues with names containing numbers, but the problem is persisting in 3.0.2. Never happened in 2.X.X. Any ideas?

Code: Select all

a few seconds ago Cannot create final folder \\?\UNC\Matt-NAS\Share\1109-UhjiRAdwaYamRZNV4Z95
ERROR a few seconds ago Failed making (\\Matt-NAS\Share)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sabnzbd\filesystem.py", line 560, in create_all_dirs
  File "os.py", line 213, in makedirs
  File "os.py", line 223, in makedirs
OSError: [WinError 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: '\\\\?\\UNC\\'
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cannot create final folder

Post by safihre »

I tried to reproduce but couldn't.
Maybe you can enable +Debug logging in the status and Interface settings window and then after it happens again send me the whole log at [email protected].
I wonder why some jobs fail and some don't.
Do you maybe have specific folders setup in Categories?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
PiERiT

Post by PiERiT »

Sorry, yes, I am using categories. The one in this instance has the Folder/Path configured as:

\\Matt-NAS\Share*

The * is to have it put the files in that Share folder as opposed to a subfolder named after the NZB. If I remove the *, that fixes the issue. Is there another way to accomplish this? Let me know if you still want the debug logs, too.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I can reproduce it now. Very strange.
It seems it fails because the directory already exsists. Seems like a python bug.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
PiERiT

Post by PiERiT »

Is there another way to have jobs not create extra folders? Maybe something in the Sorting options?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Hmm, not really at this point. I need to make a workaround in the code.

For reference, the bug at Python: https://bugs.python.org/issue41705
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I updated the code, in a few minutes you should be able to download a patched release here:
https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabbuild/rel ... est-build1
PiERiT

Post by PiERiT »

That worked but direct unpack is very slow now. It only unpacked 31% of an 11GB file by the time the downloaded completed in 3m45s. In 2.X.X it would have unpacked all of it.

Is that some side effect of the workaround you had to make? That's fine if so and I'll figure out which problem is more bothersome and go with the lesser one. I just thought I'd mention it in case it shouldn't be occurring.

I appreciate your help. Thanks.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Direct Unpack didn't change between 2.3.9 and now.
I am pretty sure it's the download itself: either the uploader used compression (non-regular uploaders usually do this) so unpacking takes much more CPU and memory, or for example a middle RAR-file is missing so it has to pause direct unpack until that one is downloaded.
PiERiT

Post by PiERiT »

Hmm ok, I must be misremembering how long this particular download took to extract in older versions.

Thanks again.
PiERiT

Post by PiERiT »

Was this workaround not included in 3.0.2? I am having the same issue again, or a very similar one. Are you able to re-host the hotfix version for me please? The link from Sep 3rd 404's.

OSError: [WinError 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: '\\\\?\\UNC\\'
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

PiERiT wrote: September 13th, 2020, 3:24 pm Was this workaround not included in 3.0.2? I am having the same issue again, or a very similar one. Are you able to re-host the hotfix version for me please? The link from Sep 3rd 404's.

I think you need SABnzbd 3.1.0 Beta 2. See https://sabnzbd.org/downloads#
PiERiT

Post by PiERiT »

sander wrote: September 13th, 2020, 4:15 pm
PiERiT wrote: September 13th, 2020, 3:24 pm Was this workaround not included in 3.0.2? I am having the same issue again, or a very similar one. Are you able to re-host the hotfix version for me please? The link from Sep 3rd 404's.

I think you need SABnzbd 3.1.0 Beta 2. See https://sabnzbd.org/downloads#
Perfect. Thank you.
PearsonFlyer

Post by PearsonFlyer »

I know this is pretty old, but I am on version 3.4.2 and experiencing this intermittent problem on Windows using a networked drivepool for my final destination.

2021-11-16 01:21:12,565::INFO::[postproc:436] Finished unpack_magic on Maid.S01.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.DV.HEVC-FLUX
2021-11-16 01:21:12,621::INFO::[notifier:122] Sending notification: Error - Error renaming "I:\sab\complete\tv\_UNPACK_Maid.S01.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.DV.HEVC-FLUX" to "I:\sab\complete\tv\Maid.S01.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.DV.HEVC-FLUX" (type=error, job_cat=None)
2021-11-16 01:21:12,621::ERROR::[postproc:496] Error renaming "I:\sab\complete\tv\_UNPACK_Maid.S01.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.DV.HEVC-FLUX" to "I:\sab\complete\tv\Maid.S01.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.DV.HEVC-FLUX"
2021-11-16 01:21:12,621::INFO::[postproc:501] Traceback: 
  File "sabnzbd\postproc.py", line 494, in process_job
  File "sabnzbd\postproc.py", line 1189, in rename_and_collapse_folder
  File "sabnzbd\decorators.py", line 36, in call_func
  File "sabnzbd\filesystem.py", line 939, in renamer
FileExistsError: [WinError 183] Cannot create a file when that file already exists: '\\\\?\\I:\\sab\\complete\\tv\\_UNPACK_Maid.S01.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.DV.HEVC-FLUX' -> '\\\\?\\I:\\sab\\complete\\tv\\Maid.S01.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.DV.HEVC-FLUX'
Any thoughts on how I can resolve this? I'm happy to provide more logs, debug logs, or whatever else you need. I didn't in this case because it appears you know what the issue is - but that it had been resolved with a workaround in an earlier version.

Thanks!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

But this is a unique, not-seen-before message: "FileExistsError: [WinError 183] Cannot create a file when that file already exists: "
And FYI: this is just what the operating system tells SABnzbd

First things first: what if you download that same NZB with Complete on your local disk (not your networked drive pool I: )?