howto edit the skin?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
berndb

howto edit the skin?

Post by berndb »

Trying out the new default Glitter-Theme broke the old "Plush-Gold" one for me :(
At least changing back to the old one leads to a strange mixture of both themes here in my browser ...

So sadly it is time to say good-bye to an old look I liked. Trying to accept the future I like to ask:
Where are the theme files located and is there a chance or even a documentation of how the skin can be edited by a normal mouse mover? ???
berndb

Re: howto edit the skin?

Post by berndb »

O.K., I could clear the cached Data of my browser and the Gold -Skin showed up again as usual.
And I found the skins-data to be located under

Code: Select all

/usr/lib/sabnzbd/interfaces/
But still since Plush-Gold is no longer maintained, is there any way to edit them without becoming a html/css expert first?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Not really.. That's why we don't maintain it, the html and css are a mess.
Why not switch to Glitter, it's actively maintained by us. What are you missing in Glitter?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
berndb

Post by berndb »

It's nothing crucial that I miss.
It a little bit less grey using the plush-gold theme because its black bars build clear headlines over the download and the history section. And the main buttons have a black background too.
Secondly the edges are rounded up - don't know if this is the right expression, I hope it is understandable.

To sum up:
It is all about look and feel and because taste is debatable I just wanted to ask if there is a way to customize the new or the old theme. Of course, I will (have to) switch to Glitter sooner or later and there is nothing to really complain about it.
coops

Post by coops »

safihre wrote: March 13th, 2021, 12:35 pm Not really.. That's why we don't maintain it, the html and css are a mess.
Why not switch to Glitter, it's actively maintained by us. What are you missing in Glitter?
Just switched to Glitter myself - only one thing is an issue for me.
I prefer to only see the failed items in the History - yet this choice isn't saved/maintained as my default (as it was with the old Plush skin). Every time i reopen Sabnzbd the history is back to showing everything.

Other than that minor point, it's great.