Customise RSS history feed

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
appublic
Release Testers
Release Testers

Customise RSS history feed

Post by appublic »

Is there any way to customize the RSS history feed? I have it feeding into XBMC's RSS reader so it notifies me when new downloads have arrived. But I'd like to customize the feed to make it a little more family friendly.

e.g. I'd like the feed to show a list of recently downloaded TV shows, with showname and ep #, instead of just the raw filename. This information can be figured out from the HISTORY table using the category and filename and a little regex parsing (much the same way TV is sorted now). For movies, obviously it's a slightly different process. But whatever, I can work these details out. But how do I hook into the RSS output?

From what I can tell from the python source, the RSS feed output is hardcoded.
So:
  - is it possible to add another RSS feed (without hacking the project).
  - are there plans to allow customization in the future?
  - can anyone think of another solution? (My least favorite idea is to write a separate web app or utility to produce an RSS feed out of the SQLite DB, processed and formatted the way I want. Design-wise, it would be nicer to live within the confines of SABnzbd+ itself).

Thanks for any input/support/ideas. This is an awesome piece of software, and I'd like to add to its greatness if I can...
appublic
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Customise RSS history feed

Post by appublic »

Anyone?

On a similar topic, is there any way to add a new page to the web interface (not customize existing pages)? It seems pretty hardcoded.

I was thinking if I could add another page, I could add an RSS-formatted page (to solve my problem).
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

Your best option is probably going to be to wait for 0.5 and use the expanded api. Parse it for whatever data you want, store it however you want, generate a new rss feed however you want.
appublic
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by appublic »

Thanks inpheaux. That would imply building something outside SABnzbd that consumes the API data, which is cool, I will probably do that (when 0.5 comes out). But I was just wondering if there would be some extensibility (plugins?) to allow me to build a new web/rss page that appears to belong to the web interface.

But that's OK, I'll go with a second localhost (IIS cos that's what I know) with a page that consumes the API data and reformats it into a new RSS feed.

Cheers,
Andy.
switch

Post by switch »

A plugin system is being thought about, but is still a long way off I'm afraid.