Missing Articles (configuring backup server)

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
samwhench

Missing Articles (configuring backup server)

Post by samwhench »

Hi There,

I am trying to download something, I keep getting missing articles. So after some searching the forums I found this ...

(I would post links but I am not allowed yet :))

I followed the instructions, signed up for a 50GB "block" from Tweaknews.eu account and did a test download to make sure it worked and everything is fine. But when I go back to my problem download I keep getting missing articles and download failed. Am I missing something? Shouldn't the back up sever be able to grab everything?

Thanks
KPKev

Re: Missing Articles (configuring backup server)

Post by KPKev »

The way I understand it is each Usenet provider is independent from one another. Now you would think that if one has some articles then the other might possibly have the rest, NOT TRUE. Each has their own way of archiving and a lot just plain suck, example Giganews used to be great 10 -12 years ago and today claims over 4900 day retention HAHAHA They are absolute trash now, I cant even get most same day uploads let alone anything over 2-3 days. Basically what I'm saying is you need to find a better Usenet provider.
I can personally vouch for eweka @ www.eweka,nl/en (replace the comma with a period) I now get files from over 4500 days ago and they are not missing any articles at all so no repair needed 98% of the time. Is is a paid server though but well worth it.

If anyone know of any others or free ones please let us know, I only have the one Usenet server and lucky for me its been enough to not need a backup
samwhench

Re: Missing Articles (configuring backup server)

Post by samwhench »

Thanks @KPKev ... much appreciated!