Need help setting up special category TV Shows/Cartoons: SickChill to SABnzbd

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
KPKev

Need help setting up special category TV Shows/Cartoons: SickChill to SABnzbd

Post by KPKev »

I have SickChill setup to search for TV shows, then sends NZB to SABnzbd, after SABnzbd downloads the file it processes and then creates a folder and then moves the files to (TV Shows) the correct category. Now that works fine for regular TV Shows, but I want to further categorize so I can send TV Shows that are animated to a folder called (Cartoons) but no matter what I have tried it send the files to the (TV Show) category, I have the correct file/folder path in SickChill set to the Cartoons folder for just the those shows and the other regular shows go to folder TV Shows. Also when I setup SABnzbd Categories with a (Cartoons) category it never receives anything as I understand SickChill is adding a TV tag to the NZB. In SickChill I see the option to add a category and by default it is filled with TV but I am not sure if that refers to the Usenet server category or if I can add more than one category tag , example: tv, cartoons
I know the Usenet server does not have a category like (Cartoons) so that might be why its not working.

In short I just want to automate my cartoon shows like Family Guy, American Dad, SouthPark and so on to go to the proper (Cartoons) folder and not the (TV Shows) folder, is this even possible?

Thanks in advance
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Need help setting up special category TV Shows/Cartoons: SickChill to SABnzbd

Post by safihre »

Sickchill sends Sab the category when adding the job, as far as I know.
But it seems maybe more of a Sickchill question? We don't know much about it.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
KPKev

Re: Need help setting up special category TV Shows/Cartoons: SickChill to SABnzbd

Post by KPKev »

Thanks for getting back to me so fast, as a work around I just let it Download all TV Shows to the TV Shows folder then just move the Animated/Cartoon shows
to the appropriate folders and let SABnzbd handle the renaming and folder creation. (Example: Show Name/Season 1/Show Name S01E01 (2008) 1080p.mkv)
I tried disabling sorting in SABnzbd to see if SickChill post processing could handle it, it could not. It would just download the file into the TV Show dir and never create the Show name folder. So I end up with episodes of all shows in the TV Show directory. I made sure to setup SickChill episode naming just as I did in the example above from SABnzbd, SickChill post processing just refuses to create the Show folder so I just reenabled SABnzbd tv Category Sorting.

Sorry to ramble on but maybe someone will see this and have a solution , I will check with SickChill too.