Delete .part.rar files when unpacked

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
SabUser0909

Delete .part.rar files when unpacked

Post by SabUser0909 »

Hi!

I don't have a lot of space on my VPS and i wanted to ask, if it is possible to delete already unpacked .part.rar files in the incomplete folder in order to save some space?

For example: If i download a 50GB file, i'll need 100GB in total since all part files in the incomplete folder are stored until the download is complete.

Let's say SABnzbd is unpacking while downloading and has unpacked the contents of a part file, is it possible to delete this part file to save space?

I hope you can understand what I mean by that

Thx
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Delete .part.rar files when unpacked

Post by sander »

Niche, and risky stuff: what if after unrar it turns out one rar is broken and needs repair? Then you need to redownload all rar files again.

But, good news: you can do it yourself: run a process that looks at sabnzbd.log (with +DEBUG), and delete each rar after is has been used.

Code: Select all

Extracting from /home/sander/Downloads/incomplete/test_download_1000MB/sometestfile-1000MB.part04.rar

...         sometestfile-1000MB.bin

Extracting from /home/sander/Downloads/incomplete/test_download_1000MB/sometestfile-1000MB.part05.rar

Extracting from /home/sander/Downloads/incomplete/test_download_1000MB/sometestfile-1000MB.part06.rar

SabUser0909

Re: Delete .part.rar files when unpacked

Post by SabUser0909 »

Okay thanks!

I wanted to execute a python script which is located in /usr/bin/local but my sabnzbd user doesn't have rights to access that folder. A symlink to /usr/bin/local/scriptname didn't work either. It says path not found.

Is there a way to execute a script as root user?