Warning about API key missing

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
EnnZeeBee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Warning about API key missing

Post by EnnZeeBee »

After recent updates to SABnzbd I get a series of messages upon starting the program stating "WARNING a minute ago API key missing, please enter the API key from Config->General into your 3rd party program: 127.0.0.1 [Sonarr/3.0.6.1342 (windows 10.0.22000.0)]" The time "a minute ago" changes as the messages are repeated.

I don't know where this API key should be entered in Sonarr. It may be relevant or not, but one of my indexers in Sonarr is NZBHydra2.

I run SABnzbd 3.5.0 on Windows 11.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Warning about API key missing

Post by sander »

I don't know where this API key should be entered in Sonarr
It's in the Sonarr documentation: https://wiki.servarr.com/sonarr/setting ... ad-clients
EnnZeeBee
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by EnnZeeBee »

Thank you for pointing me in that direction. I read the documentation, but I'm still confused because everything has worked with no problem until very recently.

I have the SABnzbd API in Sonarr's download clients. Test is OK
I also have SABnzbd's API in NZBHydra2's Config --> Downloading --> Downloaders. No error reported by NZBHydra2
I have NZBHydra2 as an indexer in Sonarr. Test is OK

The only thing that I notice is in Sonarr's download clients for SABnzbd there is a field "URL base" which I have left blank. The description for it is "Adds a prefix to the Sabnzbd url, e.g. http://[host]:[port]/[urlBase]/api". As I wrote above Sonarr tests it as OK even though it's blank.

Despite all the above, I get the warning message in SABnzbd.

EDIT: further testing leads me to believe that the problem occurs when Sonarr starts or when I go to the download client SABnzdb settings and I test and save it.
BooBooKittyFuk

Post by BooBooKittyFuk »

I just got an API warning:

"API key missing, please enter the API key from Config->General into your 3rd party program: ::ffff:172.17.0.1 [Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0.1; SAMSUNG SM-G570Y Build/MMB29K) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) SamsungBrowser/4.0 Chrome/44.0.2403.133 Mobile Safari/537.36]"

This concerns me as I don't have a SAMSUNG SM-G570Y (Galaxy J5 Prime) so ni idea where this access attempt has come from.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

172.17.0.1 is a private address, so from your LAN. Agree?

What is the IP of your SAB system?
BooBooKittyFuk

Post by BooBooKittyFuk »

Correct, that IP is not part of my network, all of my IPs are 192.168.... etc
I am semi rural, so only one house close enough to have anyone detect my wifi, and even if I had an open network, they are so old I doubt they are capable of joining it, let alone of trying to access SAB.