MacOSX automator workflows or apple scripts???

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
BennyHogan

MacOSX automator workflows or apple scripts???

Post by BennyHogan »

Curious if anyone has set anything up with SABnzbd that uses automator or applescripts to streamline the process??
For instance, I wrote a workflow and combined it with an applescript I found online so that I can just drop a .avi file on a folder I've created called "Convert to iPhone" (that I've spiffed up a bit with an iPhone icon) and have the .avi converted/compressed to mp4 for iphone(with quicktime pro), imported to iTunes, asked if its a Movie or TV show, filed accordingly in iTunes, and then the original mp4 is sent to the Trash so as to avoid having 2 copies of the same file stored on the HD.
I'd like to have something cool like this setup where I can use SABnzbd in automator or an applescript.  I think it would be cool if I could set it up to so once its completed and uncompressed by SAB it could tell where on my HD to file it away and reformat the name.......i.e. say I downloaded Season 1 Ep 4 of How I met your Mother and it automatically is converted to How I Met Your Mother S01Ep04 (or something like that) and placed on my external HD under TV Shows/How I Met Your Mother/Season 1/Ep 4.....and then have the original .avi file on the HD deleted so only the stored copy on the external remains.
Surely someone has to have something like this setup??? Any ideas

Thanks in advance
demioa

Re: MacOSX automator workflows or apple scripts???

Post by demioa »

Last edited by demioa on April 4th, 2009, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BennyHogan

Re: MacOSX automator workflows or apple scripts???

Post by BennyHogan »

I'm a scripting n00b so I don't really know how to use either of these resources?? I just started using Automator and SABnzbd the other day so all this is kind of new to me.