End of videos downloaded are bad

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ckp33

End of videos downloaded are bad

Post by ckp33 »

version 3.5.3 on ubuntu 20.04. videos downloaded to smb share from newsgroup server via Sonarr and moved to same smb share, but to where my plex folders are. have always done this for years, but only last couple months or so when i watch these videos, the end of the video starts freezing and jumping. not sure if there is anything i can tweak or do about it?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: End of videos downloaded are bad

Post by safihre »

Is maybe any processing started before the moving to the smb share is complete?
If you watch the movie not from plex, but directly, is the file also damaged?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
ckp33

Post by ckp33 »

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've tried playing the video files without plex, just using VLC or Media Player Classic, but the same exact issue exists doing that. Never had the issue for years and I've made no changes to any settings anywhere, it only started happening out of nowhere, so I assume some component update change is the cause (sonarr or sab?).
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Just to be sure, you have enabled Only process verified job in Config Switches?

Besides that, it could also be a hardware problem. We've seen that sometimes here on the forums.

If Sab was corrupting files in general, the forums would be filled with angry users so it must be something local.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
ckp33

Post by ckp33 »

I don't see any setting in Config Switches called "Only process verified job in Config Switches?"
Can you tell me the setting name?
Well, my qbittorrent video downloads come out fine and they use the same type of paths, but SABnzbd isn't used for them.
Thanks.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The setting is called "Post-Process only verified jobs" and it should be Enabled.
You have to check Advanced Settings in the top right of the page to see it.
ckp33

Post by ckp33 »

Ah, I keep forgetting about show advanced setting. Yes, it appears to be enabled already.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

I would do this: take another system, no things with Samba nor Plex, download the same post to the local disk, and
1) play with VLC to verify the end
2) use md5sum on the downloaded file, and compare with md5sum the ubuntu/samba/plex system

... to rule out Plex re-encoding and Samba artefacts.
ckp33

Post by ckp33 »

Thanks but that's just way too much work. It never did this until fairly recently. The video has the same issue without Plex in the picture at all. I highly doubt it's related to smb. Guess I'll just live with it until something gets fixed somewhere.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Are you sure it's not the source uploading a bad file?
That's why Sander is suggesting to try it on a different system. Even without the md5 step.
ckp33

Post by ckp33 »

No I'm not sure about the source. So, maybe I can try setting up SAB on some other system to try one of the videos I see this with. But it's many different sources, not just one. So unlikley
ckp33

Post by ckp33 »

Ok, I installed nzbget on a new windows 11 virtual machine. configured it with same news server. Grabbed the same nzb file that was used for the video that my sabnzbd used. Played the file downloaded from nzbget and no issue at all playing. Checked sha256 of each file and the size in bytes is exactly the same but the checksum is different.
ckp33

Post by ckp33 »

Did another test. Just dropped the nzb file manually into sabnzbd web ui on ubuntu and let it download to sabnzbd completed folder then it was automatically moved to plex folders by sonarr. checksum is different than all the others but it plays without issue doing this test. So not sure what's going on here. Sonarr sends the nzb files to sab, sab downloads, then sonarr moves to plex folders. That is the process where the files seem to get messed up somehow for some reason. Don't know why the checksum always comes out different. It seems that sometimes the videos get messed up toward the end and sometimes they don't.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Just to be sure: do you have "Folder rename" enabled in Config > Switches? (it should be Enabled)
ckp33

Post by ckp33 »

No, folder rename is not enabled.