Recurring "Failed to compile regex for search term" errors

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ozymanDS

Recurring "Failed to compile regex for search term" errors

Post by ozymanDS »

Hello! I keep seeing these errors - I'm running sabnzbd 3.0.2 on Ubuntu [51cc765] with Python 3.6.9 (default, Jul 17 2020, 12:50:27) [GCC 8.4.0] [UTF-8]

Here's what's in the UI:

Code: Select all

ERROR 16 hours ago Failed to compile regex for search term: John.le.Carre-[George.Smiley.05-07]-The.Karla.Trilogy.(Tinker,.Tailor,.Soldier,.Spy;.The.Honourable.Schoolboy;.Smileys.People).(v5.0).(epub).*?
ERROR 16 hours ago Failed to compile regex for search term: (????).*[028.*?
ERROR 16 hours ago Failed to compile regex for search term: (????).*[194/231].*-.*"The.*Passion.*Economy.*by.*Adam.*Davidson.*.Ebook.*-.*EPUB.*.*.rar".*Bbook1H.*?
ERROR 16 hours ago Failed to compile regex for search term: John.le.Carre-[George.Smiley.05-07]-The.Karla.Trilogy.(Tinker,.Tailor,.Soldier,.Spy;.The.Honourable.Schoolboy;.Smileys.People).(v5.0).(epub).*?
ERROR 16 hours ago Failed to compile regex for search term: (????).*[028.*?
ERROR 16 hours ago Failed to compile regex for search term: (????).*[194/231].*-.*"The.*Passion.*Economy.*by.*Adam.*Davidson.*.Ebook.*-.*EPUB.*.*.rar".*Bbook1H.*?
History
Here are the corresponding log entries:

Code: Select all

2020-09-18 17:33:33,269::ERROR::[api:1693] Failed to compile regex for search term: (????).*[194/231].*-.*"The.*Passion.*Economy.*by.*Adam.*Davidson.*.Ebook.*-.*EPUB.*.*.rar".*Bbook1H.*?
2020-09-18 17:33:33,579::ERROR::[api:1693] Failed to compile regex for search term: (????).*[028.*?
2020-09-18 17:33:33,679::ERROR::[api:1693] Failed to compile regex for search term: John.le.Carre-[George.Smiley.05-07]-The.Karla.Trilogy.(Tinker,.Tailor,.Soldier,.Spy;.The.Honourable.Sch
oolboy;.Smileys.People).(v5.0).(epub).*?
2020-09-18 17:43:42,108::ERROR::[api:1693] Failed to compile regex for search term: (????).*[194/231].*-.*"The.*Passion.*Economy.*by.*Adam.*Davidson.*.Ebook.*-.*EPUB.*.*.rar".*Bbook1H.*?
2020-09-18 17:43:44,318::ERROR::[api:1693] Failed to compile regex for search term: (????).*[028.*?
2020-09-18 17:43:44,424::ERROR::[api:1693] Failed to compile regex for search term: John.le.Carre-[George.Smiley.05-07]-The.Karla.Trilogy.(Tinker,.Tailor,.Soldier,.Spy;.The.Honourable.Sch
oolboy;.Smileys.People).(v5.0).(epub).*?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Recurring "Failed to compile regex for search term" errors

Post by safihre »

These errors are thrown when you are putting something in the search box in the interface, did you do that?
What were you trying to find?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
ozymanDS

Post by ozymanDS »

safihre wrote: September 19th, 2020, 9:51 am These errors are thrown when you are putting something in the search box in the interface, did you do that?
What were you trying to find?
Sorry to be thick, but what search box in the interface? The closest thing I've seen to a search box in sabnzbd is Add NZB -> Fetch NZB from URL. Which I very rarely use.

I think that nzbhydra2 -> lazylibrarian is sending junk to sabnzbd but I can't quite see it. Is there a way to log the API calls received by sabnzbd so that I can see what came in? I haven't figured out how to enable debug logging on sabnzbd yet.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

In the Status and Interface settings window (the wrench icon), you can enable Debug logging. Then it will log all the request and where they came from.

Maybe indeed it is one of your external tools doing this. This error is thrown by the API when it receives a search query it can't parse.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
ozymanDS

Post by ozymanDS »

Thanks; yes, it looks like I'd misconfigured an upstream tool. So much to learn yet. Thank you!
Howitzer

Post by Howitzer »

I just experienced this exact error...

I was searching my History for past releases from [SubsPlease] using the search term "[subs"

After identifying the last episode I had grabbed I queued up the next episode, after the download completed SAB threw three of these errors in a row...

ERROR a few seconds ago Failed to compile regex for search term: [subs.*?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The [ is not allowed.