Can SABnzbd tell if a file is a movie or tv show w/out telling it??

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
BennyHogan

Can SABnzbd tell if a file is a movie or tv show w/out telling it??

Post by BennyHogan »

Sorry if this has been covered before I'm a SABnzbd n00b.....I'm trying to setup a way to have my dl's automatically sorted into the appropriate folder without having to bring up the SABnzbd window and MANUALLY select what sort of file I'm downloading.  Any ideas??
Also curious if there is a way to restart a failed dl without re-downloading the .nzb???

Thanks in advance
switch

Re: Can SABnzbd tell if a file is a movie or tv show w/out telling it??

Post by switch »

How are you adding the files to sabnzbd?

If you are using a watched folder, simply create a folder inside the watched folder named "tv". All items placed there will be assigned the TV category when picked up.

See the watched folder part of this page for more info http://sabnzbd.wikidot.com/configure-directories
BennyHogan

Re: Can SABnzbd tell if a file is a movie or tv show w/out telling it??

Post by BennyHogan »

switch wrote: How are you adding the files to sabnzbd?

If you are using a watched folder, simply create a folder inside the watched folder named "tv". All items placed there will be assigned the TV category when picked up.

See the watched folder part of this page for more info http://sabnzbd.wikidot.com/configure-directories
I'm using Mac OSX and manually search for my .nzbs on nzbs.org (wish I knew how to setup some some of auto-download applescript??) and have SABnzbd set to monitor my dl's folder where my .nzbs are setup to save through Safari. I download both movies and tv show .nzbs through nzbs.org so I don't know how putting a "tv" folder inside my watched folder would do anything to make it know if it was a tv show or movie??
I must be missing something