500 Internal Server Error ... NameMapper.NotFound: cannot find 'rtl'

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
jwhitt12

500 Internal Server Error ... NameMapper.NotFound: cannot find 'rtl'

Post by jwhitt12 »

I am running with ubuntu 21.04 and installing sabnzbd. I got it installed and it kinda worked but needed an update. I updated and ran it again and, this time, it told me:
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 670, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 220, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 60, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbd/interface.py", line 136, in internal_wrap
"Request %s %s from %s %s",
File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbd/interface.py", line 417, in index
self.history = HistoryPage("/history/")
File "cheetah__usr_share_sabnzbdplus_interfaces_Glitter_templates_main_tmpl_1628787481_3136957_32706.py", line 94, in respond
NameMapper.NotFound: cannot find 'rtl'

I have no idea what this means.

Thoughts? (thank you)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 500 Internal Server Error

Post by safihre »

Seems there is still some old stuff left. The templates have updated, but the Python files have not.
Have you installed sabnzbd through the PPA method described on our wiki?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
jwhitt12

Re: 500 Internal Server Error ... NameMapper.NotFound: cannot find 'rtl'

Post by jwhitt12 »

Thanks for the reply!

I installed it no fewer than 3 times and each time it failed. That's why I went to the ubuntu software and that did work. When I ran that it told me that it was no longer supported and for me to updated it. That involved adding the ppa and then reinstalling it with an update and then "sudo apt upgrade --with-new-pkgs" . That's when I ran into trouble. I had this on another drive but have been updating my system and computer. I still have the old drive with the latest and greatest. It had an ini file that was in .sabnzbd and there is no .sabnzbd on my new installation. The only thing I can think of is to remove all of sabnzbd and then do another update and then another install as the error stops me from fixing anything as I can no longer run sabnzbd.
jwhitt12

Post by jwhitt12 »

This just gets stranger. Seems I also had sabnzbdplus installed as well as sabnzbd. I have now cleaned them all from my system. Now I wonder if I should try and insteal sabnzbdplus instead of sabnzbd
jwhitt12

Post by jwhitt12 »

I removed all of sabnzbd and started over. This time the installation from your board worked and I am back up and running. Thank for the help!
jwhitt12

Post by jwhitt12 »

I am running with ubuntu 20.40.4

I have no idea if anybody will even see this as I am replying to a message that I sent in 2021! My problem is pretty simple as its exactly the same as that. I am getting the " 500 Internal Server Error ... NameMapper.NotFound: cannot find 'rtl'" again! II tried to do it again and got it again and now what do I do. I have another machine running sabnzbd+ just fine so I grabbed that .ini file and tried it on this machine and it still made no difference. This whole thing has to do with Glitter - how about change that one to another? Oh, I used your directions on the installation. I have also repeated the entire thing to no avail.

The only thing different is that I first installed this with the ubuntu directions. What I got worked but it was old and sabnzbd told me, once it got running that it was too old and to download the latest and greatest which blows up.

Thoughts?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It's again the same problem. The template files have updated, but left some compiled code behind.
You need to really clear the original installation before making the new one.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate