Sabnzbd (3.6.0, Win11) always screeches to a halt

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
sdspieg

Sabnzbd (3.6.0, Win11) always screeches to a halt

Post by sdspieg »

Since a few weeks, whenever Sonarr passes on a new item to Sabnzbd, it start downloading everything full blast for a while, but then starts slowing down until it stops downloading. I've tried downloading other items, using different newsservers. loadingb nzbs from Sabnzbd itself, queue repair, changing some settings (as suggested in some posts - like precheck), rebooting, etc.
In the debug log, the only things I see is things like

Code: Select all

[downloader:544] Delayed - 20 seconds - Decoder queue: 0 - Assembler queue: 5
with the seconds going up and up and the speed going down and down until it totally stops. Any ideas on what this is and how to fix it?

P.S. Another curious thing I started noticing is that when I try to shut down sabnzbd, I get a box saying Rebooting, but nothing happens. Could that be related - and maybe point to a connection problem?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Sabnzbd (3.6.0, Win11) always screeches to a halt

Post by safihre »

It seems maybe your assembler crashed. Or where are you writing the files to? Are those normal internal drives or some network or attached storage?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sdspieg

Post by sdspieg »

safihre wrote: July 17th, 2022, 8:07 am It seems maybe your assembler crashed.
And what do I do in that case?
safihre wrote: July 17th, 2022, 8:07 am Or where are you writing the files to? Are those normal internal drives or some network or attached storage?
Just to an internal drive. So that can't be the problem. I have now also installed nzbget, and there it downloads without any problems. But I'd still like to get sabnzbd to work again!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Can you run SABnzbd from the console? Go to your installation folder and run SABnzbd-console.exe
Then post the full output here or through pastebin
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sdspieg

Post by sdspieg »

I have now deleted the settings and have reinstalled sabnzbd (the beta). And I get the exact same problem - it downloads properly for a few seconds and then screeches to a halt. As to SABnzbd-console.exe - when I run it, the webgui opens, so I am not quite sure what output I should post here. But the log is here - https://pastebin.com/YA8bvBs2
sdspieg

Post by sdspieg »

So for those who ever run in a problem like this: in my case, it was just a problem of insufficient space on the drive where files end up. So sabnzbd said there was plenty of space left across various disks, but on the specific end location there was not. Problem solved.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Great, because the logs didn't show anything. Except maybe some disk problem..
Normally it should show this in the interface though.