Showing incorrect free space on my Macbook pro

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
yairmarx

Showing incorrect free space on my Macbook pro

Post by yairmarx »

I have 175GB on free space on my Macbook Pro. SABnzbd is telling me I have 41GB of free space....

The folder path is correct to my downloads folder and I have not set up any partitioning on my macbook pro's SSD. I am on v 3.6.0
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Showing incorrect free space on my Macbook pro

Post by sander »

If you can show a command line command that shows the correct free space, we can implement it for you.

(or a python call)
yairmarx

Post by yairmarx »

I'm unfortunately not that tech savvy to do that. Is it just a cosmetic thing or will it actually not let me download past that incorrect "free space" amount?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

yairmarx wrote: August 16th, 2022, 11:05 am will it actually not let me download past that incorrect "free space" amount?
I don't know how the free space will behave. So, if you do a download of 10GB (via Wrench symbol, for example), do both values go down 10GB?
yairmarx

Post by yairmarx »

sander wrote: August 16th, 2022, 11:35 am
yairmarx wrote: August 16th, 2022, 11:05 am will it actually not let me download past that incorrect "free space" amount?
I don't know how the free space will behave. So, if you do a download of 10GB (via Wrench symbol, for example), do both values go down 10GB?
Yeah that's what happening, as my download progresses, the free space number goes down by the size of the download progress so far.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Are you willing to do a test? Hoping you're on a fast Internet connection:

1) make a note of what Mac says and what SAB says about free space in GB
2) do a download, for example the download in SAB: Wrench -> Status -> 10GB. After downloading, do not delete the download!
3) after the download, again make a note of what Mac says and what SAB says about free space in GB

Repeat and repeat the above until you've downloaded more than the 41GB that SAB is now reporting to you.

Then post the values of 1 and 3 here.
We can then see if it is a constant offset of 175-41 = 134 GB, or something more complex.

So far the problem you describe was only known on Macs with extra/special disk. Which is not the case for you.
yairmarx

Post by yairmarx »

sander wrote: August 16th, 2022, 12:24 pm Are you willing to do a test? Hoping you're on a fast Internet connection:

1) make a note of what Mac says and what SAB says about free space in GB
2) do a download, for example the download in SAB: Wrench -> Status -> 10GB. After downloading, do not delete the download!
3) after the download, again make a note of what Mac says and what SAB says about free space in GB

Repeat and repeat the above until you've downloaded more than the 41GB that SAB is now reporting to you.

Then post the values of 1 and 3 here.
We can then see if it is a constant offset of 175-41 = 134 GB, or something more complex.

So far the problem you describe was only known on Macs with extra/special disk. Which is not the case for you.
Hi-

Yes, i have a fast connection and can do this test. I will report back. However, I should mention, the values have now changed on SABnzbd. Still not correct, but better.

Free space on my Mac = 167GB
Free space according to SABnzbd 150GB

I didnt do anything, just changed on its own.

I can still do the test you mentioned and report back.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Random. Then testing makes no sense