obscure sabnzbd.ini settings

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
andyhi

obscure sabnzbd.ini settings

Post by andyhi »

Does anyone know what the following sabnzbd.ini settings are used for?

"direct_unpack_tested" = 1 [Note this is not the Direct_Unpack setting, but appears related.]

"notified_new_skin" = 2

ncenter_prio__* [Some of mine are different from default.]

ntfosd_prio_* [Some of mine are different from default.]

I realize the "ncenter_prio__*" and "ntfosd_prio_*" settings are related to notifications, but what exactly? The only notifications I have configured currently (to my knowledge) are the ones for windows action center that are stored in the "acenter_prio_*" section.

The history behind these questions...

I have a sabnzbd windows vm that I held off upgrading for the last ~year due to the GUI changes / skin retirement. This environment has been running sabnzbd via command line with an alternate location for sabnzbd.ini config file. It's also been through a dozen or so in place upgrades over the years.

I ran the in place upgrade to v3.6.1 but ended up with errors at sabnazbd start. The errors were due to references in the config file to the old GUI, which I tracked down and removed. However the errors got me to looking at other settings that might have been missed over time due to use of the alternate config file and upgrade history of this environment.

I laid down a fresh copy of sabnzbd v3.6.1 in a temp VM and pulled the default sabnzbd.ini. I wrote a powershell script to compare all the differences and missing settings between the fresh install / clean config file and my legacy working / running config. I've worked out all the difference except for those above and would like to know what these are for.

Any (constructive) input is appreciated.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: obscure sabnzbd.ini settings

Post by safihre »

These are internal tracking variables if we tested your disk speed if it supports direct unpack, and if we notified you of the new skin.

The notification settings can be ignored if not enabled, since they don't do anything.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
andyhi

Re: obscure sabnzbd.ini settings

Post by andyhi »

Thank you for the confirmation that the top two are for internal status tracking.... so they can be ignored for my purposes.

Do you recall offhand what type of notifications are controlled by the ncenter_prio and/or ntfosd_prio groups?

ncenter seems to be truncated for "Notification Center". (macOS?)

ntfosd? (Legacy windows [event logs] or perhaps linux related?)

Thanks again!