Read file names / assign category based on nzb filename

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Emmcee

Read file names / assign category based on nzb filename

Post by Emmcee »

Hello people
I am trying to find a solution to the following problem after a lot of trial and error:
Is there a way that SABnzbd automatically assigns the download to a certain category based on reading the NZB file name and occurrences in it?
An example:
Series.S01E01.nzb
If Sabnzbd detects a NZB in the watched folder that contains "S0" or "E0" in its name, automatically assign this download to the category Series and start downloading.
I am looking forward to your constructive help!
Mama Greetz Emmcee
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Read file names / assign category based on nzb filename

Post by sander »

I'm not sure if SAB itself can do it, but you certainly can do it with a pre-queue script. See https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/scripts/pre-queue-scripts
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

See here in the second list how we apply it: https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/configuration/3.6/categories

Your specific case might indeed require a custom script.

But maybe a better question, why do some jobs need different category? What problem do you have?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Emmcee

Post by Emmcee »

Hello and thank you very much for the great answers! I often load series and movies with always the same name attributes in one watched NZB Folder. These should be assigned automatically and not manually via the dashboard. many greetings from Germany
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

Emmcee wrote: October 29th, 2022, 4:15 amI often load series and movies with always the same name attributes in one watched NZB Folder.
You can assign categories via the watched folder by putting the nzb file in a subdirectory named after a category.
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

jcfp wrote: October 29th, 2022, 4:46 am You can assign categories via the watched folder by putting the nzb file in a subdirectory named after a category.
Thanks @jcfp, I'll be able to make good use of that. :)
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Hmm reading the documentation, I think we should improve the documentation a bit. This functionality isn't really described well in the Categories page, only on the Config page.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate