Probable account sharing ?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
WarlockWeary

Probable account sharing ?

Post by WarlockWeary »

INFO::[notifier:123] Sending notification: Warning - Probable account sharing (news-de.newsgroup.ninja) (type=warning, job_cat=None)

just started getting this wondering if anyone can help ?
I switched Internet providers a few weeks ago, from DSL to T-Mobile Home Internet Cell Service.
SAB .. Worked fine for a few DL's but not I am getting this error.
Now it try's but will not downloads at all !

After this happened with sabnzbd ..

I did try a different NZB Downloader .. NiouzeFire+ <- however has way less features.
And that seems to work .. mostly ( I get a few connections "Not Connecting" I am using 30 of my 50 allowed.
But it did download they NZB !

Help ?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Probable account sharing ?

Post by safihre »

Your newssever is telling SABnzbd that it denied the connection because it detected connections from multiple ip addresses.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

T-Mobile Home Internet Cell Service.
A few days ago there was the same report "Probable account sharing ?" from a T-Mobile Home Internet user. EDIT: on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comment ... t_sharing/

TLDR: the ultimate solution is to use IPv6! So: SABnzbd -> Wrench -> Status: do you see an IPv6 address?

Long:

Probable cause: your ISP uses CGNAT (Carrier Grade NAT), which means you don't have public IPv4 address for yourself. You share a public IPv4 address with others (not a problem), but ... you only get X ports. So far so good. But when you get above that number, you can can more ports ... on a differen public IPv4 address. And that is the problem: your usenet provider sees your logins from two different IP addresses. Not good.

You can view your public IPv4 address via SABnzbd -> Wrench -> Status. Check it now and then to see if it changes/

You can probably see if you're behind CGNAT with

Windows:
tracert -d 1.1.1.1

Linux
mtr -nrc1 1.1.1.1

... and check the second hop: does it start with 100.x.y.z? If so, there is CGNAT

What can you do? Ask T-Mobile to give you more ports. Or not put you behind CGNAT

OH WAIT: the ultimate solution is to use IPv6! So: SABnzbd -> Wrench -> Status: do you see an IPv6 address?
WarlockWeary

Post by WarlockWeary »

sander wrote: November 6th, 2022, 1:38 pm
T-Mobile Home Internet Cell Service.
A few days ago there was the same report "Probable account sharing ?" from a T-Mobile Home Internet user. EDIT: on reddit
TLDR: the ultimate solution is to use IPv6! So: SABnzbd -> Wrench -> Status: do you see an IPv6 address?

Long:

Probable cause: your ISP uses CGNAT (Carrier Grade NAT), which means you don't have public IPv4 address for yourself. You share a public IPv4 address with others (not a problem), but ... you only get X ports. So far so good. But when you get above that number, you can can more ports ... on a differen public IPv4 address. And that is the problem: your usenet provider sees your logins from two different IP addresses. Not good.

You can view your public IPv4 address via SABnzbd -> Wrench -> Status. Check it now and then to see if it changes/

You can probably see if you're behind CGNAT with

Windows:
tracert -d 1.1.1.1

Linux
mtr -nrc1 1.1.1.1

... and check the second hop: does it start with 100.x.y.z? If so, there is CGNAT

What can you do? Ask T-Mobile to give you more ports. Or not put you behind CGNAT

OH WAIT: the ultimate solution is to use IPv6! So: SABnzbd -> Wrench -> Status: do you see an IPv6 address?
Thanks For Helping !

I checked the : tracert -d 1.1.1.1 and get :
1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.12.1
3 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms 192.0.0.1

But I have a t-link router ...

SAB Says ..
Local IPv4 address 192.168.0.61
Public IPv4 address 172.58.85.999
IPv6 address None
Nameserver / DNS Lookup OK

But when you get above that number, you can can more ports ... on a differen public IPv4 address. And that is the problem: your usenet provider sees your logins from two different IP addresses. Not good.

Yes I think thats whats happing now .. just started was able to Dl a few days ago.

SUGGESTIONS ?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Your 3rd hop: 192.0.0.1

Let's look that up:
NetRange: 192.0.0.0 - 192.0.0.7
CIDR: 192.0.0.0/29
NetName: DS-LITE-RFC-6333-11-IANA-RESERVED
NetHandle: NET-192-0-0-0-2
Parent: SPECIAL-IPV4-REGISTRY-IANA-RESERVED (NET-192-0-0-0-1)
NetType: IANA Special Use
OriginAS:
Organization: Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)
RegDate: 2011-09-14
Updated: 2011-09-14
Comment: This block is used for DS-LITE, a technology for
Comment: sharing an single IPv4 address among multiple broadband
Comment: customers by combining IP in IP and Network Address Translation.
Comment: It was assigned by the IETF in the Standards Track document,
Comment: RFC 6333, which can be found at:
So: "This block is used for DS-LITE, a technology for sharing an single IPv4 address among multiple broadband customers by combining IP in IP and Network Address Translation. "

Exactly like I said.

But I have a t-link router ...
What is that? T-Mobile router? Or (your own) tp-link router?

Code: Select all

You have to RFC1918-addresses in a row. Did you connect your own router? If so, that might block IPv6.
WarlockWeary

Post by WarlockWeary »

What is that? T-Mobile router? Or (your own) tp-link router?

Code: Select all

You have to RFC1918-addresses in a row. Did you connect your own router? If so, that might block IPv6.
YES - I have a t-plink router !
YES - Did you connect your own router?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Can you connect your PC directly to the router/device provided by your ISP T-Mobile? And then recheck if you have IPv6?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

And ... ? Update?
WarlockWeary

Post by WarlockWeary »

sander wrote: November 8th, 2022, 7:43 am And ... ? Update?
Sorry .. Have not had time .. will try a laptop today .. the modem is on the second floor.
to get it to work ;( had to run a cat5 to my office on first floor.