Cleanup List alternative; "Allowed Extensions".

Want something added? Ask for it here.
Phixion

Cleanup List alternative; "Allowed Extensions".

Post by Phixion »

It would be nice if there was an option such as "Allowed Extensions".

So if you're only interested in *ahem* copyright free video, you could set the field to allow only "mkv, mp4" and all files belonging to other extensions would be auto deleted.

Why am I suggesting this? Well, at the moment you have to filter every single extension known to man to avoid getting stuff you don't want. This way, you'd only need to list the extensions you want to keep, which for most people are very few.

Whatya think?

8)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cleanup List alternative; "Allowed Extensions".

Post by safihre »

We do have that for the Unwanted Extensions, but indeed I can image this feature also for Cleanup.
Do you have a Github account? In that case you can create a feature request at our Github and get updated.
Otherwise I could do it for you.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Phixion

Post by Phixion »

safihre wrote: November 10th, 2022, 1:08 pm We do have that for the Unwanted Extensions, but indeed I can image this feature also for Cleanup.
Do you have a Github account? In that case you can create a feature request at our Github and get updated.
Otherwise I could do it for you.
The issue with the Unwanted Extensions feature is that everything is packed in .rar files, so if you only allow .mp4 and .mkv it immediately rejects them because it's packed within a .rar.

I'm not really sure where this Unwanted Extensions feature would be useful, but maybe I missing something? (I probably am!).

Ideally, it would be nice to block unwanted extensions immediately, but I understand it's not possible. The only way to do it is during the cleanup phase.

I'll take a look at Github.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Yes you are exactly right, the Unwanted Extensions does not work for what you want. I only wrote it to clarify that we already do something similar there so adding it for Cleanup List seems like a good feature request :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Phixion

Post by Phixion »

Great, I added it to the Ideas section on GitHub, I hope that's the correct place.

Cheers