[Fedora 35] gtk_widget_get_scale_factor: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Conz

[Fedora 35] gtk_widget_get_scale_factor: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

Post by Conz »

I noticed my SABnzbd is giving a gtk error every second and I cannot really figure out why this is.
It seems to be trying to create some sort of widget for X from what I understand after some google searching, but there is no X running.
This machine does have some minimal X installed but it is running in multi-user (Systemd's runlevel 3)
OS is Fedora 35

SABNZBpy.172799 Gtk-CRITICAL ** 19:55:36.915 gtk_widget_get_scale_factor. assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
(I had to mangle this error a little due to the forum's 'can't post links' thing)

I noticed the error on 3.4.2 and it is still present on 3.5.0. Ran a pip update on the requirements and it did update a package but that made no difference.
I feel like some Fedora 35 update might be at the root cause some time over the last month or so, I often run updates and SAB gets launched into the background in a tmux session so I don't always look at what it's doing.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: [Fedora 35] gtk_widget_get_scale_factor: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

Post by jcfp »

This is a harmless yet annoying gtk error related to the statusbar icon. If you want to get rid of it, disable the tray icon by unchecking the win_menu setting in config -> special.
Conz

Re: [Fedora 35] gtk_widget_get_scale_factor: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

Post by Conz »

jcfp wrote: February 10th, 2022, 5:17 am This is a harmless yet annoying gtk error related to the statusbar icon. If you want to get rid of it, disable the tray icon by unchecking the win_menu setting in config -> special.
Gold star, that got rid of the error ;)
I figured it was harmless other than wasted cpu cycles and the ability to spot any actual errors.
Bit weird that it just randomly started giving those errors though.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

Conz wrote: February 10th, 2022, 5:46 amBit weird that it just randomly started giving those errors though.
The assertion mentioned in the error in somewhere in Gtk/gdk code, so it could well have been an OS update to those libs that started it.
Conz

Post by Conz »

Little update considering this is the top google result for this error.
Either Fedora 37 or SabNZBD 3.7 caused this change but the setting is now 'tray_icon' instead of 'win_menu' in the same location; config -> special.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Indeed the setting was renamed but due to the limited use of people actively disabling it, no conversion was applied from the old setting.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate